Chef of Greek restaurant Fotia on coming to Spore with a baby and no real prospects

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com...ill-318656

No other countries in S. E. A able to or willing to pay so much for the octopus 

They can get Indo Malay Thai varieties of seafood cheaply and exotic flavoured and prepared expertly too

Sorry Greek food is very special and good?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-07-2022, 09:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sorry Greek food is very special and good?

Why not you go and try then let us know?

Thank you!  Big Grin

(04-07-2022, 09:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sorry Greek food is very special and good?

Ate that a few times at the Greek restaurants at the Latin Quarter in Paris before. Some were pretty good, some average. They use a lot of olive oil, meats are lean and not fatty kind, felt their food is healthier, that’s the impression.

U bring her eat Malay food. Ask her F...k Greece food. My favorite is Malay food.. Clapping

Smile

(04-07-2022, 09:57 AM)Ichigo Wrote:  Ate that a few times at the Greek restaurants at the Latin Quarter in Paris before. Some were pretty good, some average. They use a lot of olive oil, meats are lean and not fatty kind, felt their food is healthier, that’s the impression.

I must be mistaken. Nowadays I just watch YouTube just cook according to the steps.

My favorite is Sous Vide dishes that seal in the flavors using modern cooking methods.

I find Italian and Greek type cooking nothing special. The cooking methods are just same. Why Kabab aka Gyros in Greece? When we have Satay which is more flavorful.

Their way of cooking seafood is bland. Compared with chilli and black pepper style.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-07-2022, 10:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I must be mistaken. Nowadays I just watch YouTube just cook according to the steps.

My favorite is Sous Vide dishes that seal in the flavors using modern cooking methods.

I find Italian and Greek type cooking nothing special. The cooking methods are just same. Why Kabab aka Gyros in Greece? When we have Satay which is more flavorful.

Their way of cooking seafood is bland. Compared with chilli and black pepper style.

As the French would say, ‘chacun à son goût’ (each to his own taste). 
I won’t eat at McDonald’s but you do. Since you’re happy with it, it suits your tastebuds, that’s all I’d say.
Surprisingly for the first Greek restaurant I went to the food was flavorful and tasty. The second one’s food tasted bland. I enjoy all kinds of cuisines, provided they are well executed and authentic, not those that cater to Singaporean tastes.

FA would like greek style Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin