Chicken breeders in Malaysia say the export ban will hurt business

Chicken breeders in Malaysia say the export ban will hurt business, urging the government to review the domestic price ceiling of RM8.90 per kg. https://cna.asia/3wQfRYN

not viable will lead to shortages if subsidy removed
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

Soon they will backtrack... not a win win  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

When they sell to Singapore, they sell at a high price. Very lucrative.

Msia government wants to use supply-side economics to bring down prices so jhks can buy cheap cheap.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

ban is popular to gain votes . in real, only very temporary gain for consumers with big problem of no supply later.
business don't exist to loose business. only gov can do business to loose money that is why they can collect tax. to do business that normally not done by others.
they can setup entity to rear chicken with money from tax to subsidize it like petrol.
long term heavy burden. price control without flexibility always end up like that.

Stewpig people killing the goose dat lay the golden egg.
Reasons for present shortage
Ringgit depreciating like hell n with substsntisl increase in imported animal feed, it's double whammy againgst the large chinese- owned egg farms
N trible n more whammies when the stewpug taleban ministers n kakias imcreasing taxes onto the chinese bizmen n on top of this, they demand coffee, tea, protection monies from so many inspectors from dont know wat ministries...all damned corrupted to the core.
Forcing many chick farms to close...u lose money, go hang themselves.

(26-05-2022, 09:38 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Soon they will backtrack... not a win win  Big Grin

Just stop going to JB for 1 month lah! See how lor!

Angry chicken farmers will create riots against their govt?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

I think this new Malay PM got issues with Singapore. Since the PM's post dropped on his lap by fluke, he has been making things difficult for Singapore. Now out of the blue he wants to ban chicken export ..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung