China’s steel exports to Australia drop 50%

Published: Aug 17, 2021 06:28 PM

China's steel shipments to Australia have dwindled by more than 50 percent in recent months, faster than the country's overall steel export plunge, and the trend is set to further accelerate, as China takes more measures to cut output and restrict exports, industry insiders said.

China's shrinking steel supply, against the backdrop of deteriorating bilateral relations, will likely lead to a steel shortage for the recovering Australian economy, which is about to embark on a massive infrastructure plan, analysts pointed out.

Falling output and exports would also sap China's demand for iron ore, Australia's biggest commodity export to China

Considering China's goal of reducing carbon emissions and the relatively low cost of steel production, the chances of additional levies on steel exports are high

China has raised the cost of steel exports twice so far this year. The Chinese government revived taxes on steel exports and cut tariffs for ferrous imports from May 1. Also, starting from August 1, China cancelled more rebates of the value-added tax for some steel exporters.

"This will weigh on the economies of a number of countries, including Australia, which relies heavily on steel imports from China,"

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202108/1231710.shtml
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

I guess such article is playing with words again..

Dwindled by more than 50 percent could be

1) Aussie don't want to buy from China and sourced from other countries
2) China not happy to sell to Aussie and limit it's export

Just like China don't want to buy iron ore from Aussie, Aussie can don't buy steel products from China..

At the end of the day, it is just business..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

very telling that Aussies are a lazy bunch that live off the earth….they have so much iron ore can easily support their failing steel industry….instead they prefer to just export resources… Thinking

(19-08-2021, 07:14 AM)pervertosan Wrote:  very telling that Aussies are a lazy bunch that live off the earth….they have so much iron ore can easily support their failing steel industry….instead they prefer to just export resources… Thinking
I think steel industry is a polluting industry so they rather have it done elsewhere.

Anyway China openly asset itself and position itself to be anti-western...portray West as evil and should be crushed etc.just like China supporter here proclaim.

So with that as a backdrop it can be expected that western world gather and take various actions against China and weaken it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(19-08-2021, 09:01 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think steel industry is a polluting industry so they rather have it done elsewhere.

Anyway China openly asset itself and position itself to be anti-western...portray West as evil and should be crushed etc.just like China supporter here proclaim.

So with that as a backdrop it can be expected that western world gather and take various actions against China and weaken it.

Wow!

You strongly believe that China is so evil ah?   Thinking

(19-08-2021, 10:17 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Wow!

You strongly believe that China is so evil ah?   Thinking

China will unify his Taiwan Big Grin

Smile