China’s youth unemployment hits a record high,deepening its economic scars

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/29/record-y...hina-.html

that is why PAP says degree is not important, restrict degree enrolment to 30% of applicants and promote skills like plumbers/electricians.

PAP is trying to prevent this same problem in the future.

if 20% youths with degree cannot find jobs, PAP is finished.

16- to 24-year-olds : Most of them are students lah!

(30-05-2023, 09:31 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/29/record-y...hina-.html

Dont laugh!
Tell the reporter to read about what happened to China in the 90s. Rotfl
真的是小巫见大巫。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

guideline is 3% unemployment in economics terms. Everything is on % terms to population, etc.

直到90年代末,“下岗”才作为一个正式概念提出,但工人饭碗不保的阴云几乎覆盖了整个90年代,并延续至21世纪初。光是1995年到2002年,国有企业和集体企业就精简了6000多万名职工。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The unemployment in US is 3.5%

The unemployment in China is 5%.

Based on China report of 4.5-5% GDP growth the revenue hroth of companies should be 8% bit the actual comes in only at 1%.

Unlike other countries data that is openly published and highly studied china economic data is opaque and often contradictory.

I will leave it at this....today the CCP is more interested in covering up problems and spreading propaganda to show off than actually solving its problems.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(30-05-2023, 01:46 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Unlike other countries data  that is openly published and highly studied china economic data is opaque and often contradictory.

Don't propagate LIES FAKE NEWS hor!

China publishes economic data more regularly than many other countries hor. 

Their press conference accepts questions in Chinese and other languages, unlike some countries which only accept English!

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(31-05-2023, 01:41 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  FLG media 

FLG Huat big big ah!  nudie

(30-05-2023, 09:39 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  16- to 24-year-olds : Most of them are students lah!

Unemployment figures exclude those who are students and includes those who are looking for jobs

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(30-05-2023, 09:39 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  16- to 24-year-olds : Most of them are students lah!

(31-05-2023, 05:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Unemployment figures exclude those who are students and includes those who are looking for jobs

Cityhantum is caught lying again.. Rotfl

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(30-05-2023, 09:35 AM)forum456 Wrote:  that is why PAP says degree is not important, restrict degree enrolment to 30% of applicants and promote skills like plumbers/electricians.

PAP is trying to prevent this same problem in the future.

if 20% youths with degree cannot find jobs, PAP is finished.

While at the same time open leg wide wide to allow FT with dubious degree to come in to steal job

(31-05-2023, 05:37 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  Cityhantum is caught lying again.. Rotfl

Which part of my statement is lie?

Quote:16- to 24-year-olds : Most of them are students lah!

(31-05-2023, 05:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Unemployment figures exclude those who are students and includes those who are looking for jobs

Very small number!