Is this Singapore's worst fried kway teow mee?

https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/10/9...w-mee.html

I’ll say this again. You don’t need an ang moh to tell you which Asian food is nice. It’s like you go Italy telling them which pizza or pasta is nice and you expect them to believe in you?
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

The food dossier is ang moh?

One man food is another man poison.

Based on the food critic's assessment, this is probably the worst CKT in SG. If this is an actual photo of the dish, I would tend to agree:

[Image: crop?height=300&key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f6...&width=636]
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Wah so much veggies

(20-04-2024, 08:38 AM)winbig Wrote:  The food dossier is ang moh?

prob written by ang moh, rook at the tok kong england

Over in Penang, their char kway teow is like a national institution. Hawkers who are not up to scratch will be found out in no time, and close shop quickly. No matter where one goes for a plate of Penang CKT over there, the standard is pretty close. That is not the case in SG. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(20-04-2024, 05:06 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Over in Penang, their char kway teow is like a national institution. Hawkers who are not up to scratch will be found out in no time, and close shop quickly. No matter where one goes for a plate of Penang CKT over there, the standard is pretty close. That is not the case in SG. 

Sadly, Singapore has permanently lost its once great hawker culture. In the past, I would have argued with anyone that Singaporean hawker fare can go head to head with Malaysia or Thailand.  Now, I have to admit that it's degenerated to some sanitized and tasteless version of what were once great dishes.

(20-04-2024, 05:15 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Sadly, Singapore has permanently lost its once great hawker culture. In the past, I would have argued with anyone that Singaporean hawker fare can go head to head with Malaysia or Thailand.  Now, I have to admit that it's degenerated to some sanitized and tasteless version of what were once great dishes.

dont worry
PAP will protect it with unesco hawker centre condom

(20-04-2024, 01:44 PM)Handuo Wrote:  Wah so much veggies

& some crispy worms on top

(20-04-2024, 12:19 AM)Reddishday Wrote:  https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/10/9...w-mee.html

Lol @ Aunt anal

(20-04-2024, 05:06 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Over in Penang, their char kway teow is like a national institution. Hawkers who are not up to scratch will be found out in no time, and close shop quickly. No matter where one goes for a plate of Penang CKT over there, the standard is pretty close. That is not the case in SG. 

Penang ckt is the more salty and drier version. I prefer Spore sweeter and juicier version. Moist moist put inside mouth nicer to chew or maybe I am more of a soup person.

No leh. I thought they used duck eggs for CKT but I see some don’t use duck eggs leh.

(20-04-2024, 07:51 PM)sgh Wrote:  Penang ckt is the more salty and drier version. I prefer Spore sweeter and juicier version. Moist moist put inside mouth nicer to chew or maybe I am more of a soup person.

too sweet wait tio diabetes

(20-04-2024, 12:19 AM)Reddishday Wrote:  https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/10/9...w-mee.html

Huh it opens only 9am-2pm and is closed on Monday? How to survive???

(20-04-2024, 05:15 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Sadly, Singapore has permanently lost its once great hawker culture. In the past, I would have argued with anyone that Singaporean hawker fare can go head to head with Malaysia or Thailand.  Now, I have to admit that it's degenerated to some sanitized and tasteless version of what were once great dishes.

Low TFR is the root of the problem.  We don't even have enough yang peepur for both the private and public sectors, so where to find the next generation to continue the skill?

You can bring in doctors, bankers and IT professionals from other countries and even get a generous supply of them with the right cooperation like the Comprehensive Ecocomic Cooperation Agreememt. (CECA) Big Grin

But you can't bring in char kway teow men.. the pioneer generation of Teochew ah hia has either passed away or are too old to carry on...so this dish will never taste the same anymore even if someone sells it.

But we are consoled or compensated in many ways.. we lose our CKT which is only one dish but in return we get many dishes back like tandoori chicken, butter chicken, fish tikki...the food of rajahs replacing coolie food.  Laughter-68

[Image: 1708005038501.jpg]

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(21-04-2024, 12:25 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Low TFR is the root of the problem.  We don't even have enough yang peepur for both the private and public sectors, so where to find the next generation to continue the skill?

You can bring in doctors, bankers and IT professionals from other countries and even get a generous supply of them with the right cooperation like the Comprehensive Ecocomic Cooperation Agreememt. (CECA) Big Grin

But you can't bring in char kway teow men.. the pioneer generation of Teochew ah hia has either passed away or are too old to carry on...so this dish will never taste the same anymore even if someone sells it.

But we are consoled or compensated in many ways.. we lose our CKT which is only one dish but in return we get many dishes back like tandoori chicken, butter chicken, fish tikki...the food of rajahs replacing coolie food.  Laughter-68

[Image: 1708005038501.jpg]
Nothing to do with you, CECA pukimak. Shove your briyani up your fat Ceca arse. Pundek pukimak Oyk got exposed with his not so 80 year old hand lol!

(21-04-2024, 01:44 AM)Reddishday Wrote:  too sweet wait tio diabetes

Too salty wait grow stones

(20-04-2024, 10:25 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  No leh. I thought they used duck eggs for CKT but I see some don’t use duck eggs leh.

One man's meat is another man's poison. Personally, I prefer my Penang CKT with duck's eggs, but some of my S'porean friends and relatives can't tell the difference whether chicken or duck eggs are added to the dish. To them, the chilli, fish sauce and fresh prawns are the clinchers.

It looks like the healthiest ckt in sg.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(21-04-2024, 05:34 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  One man's meat is another man's poison. Personally, I prefer my Penang CKT with duck's eggs, but some of my S'porean friends and relatives can't tell the difference whether chicken or duck eggs are added to the dish. To them, the chilli, fish sauce and fresh prawns are the clinchers.

I like duck eggs in my CKT too.

(21-04-2024, 11:15 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  I like duck eggs in my CKT too.

It would not look good in our children's report cards though. LOL!