China economy faces deflation risk...CPI shows stalled recovery

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/economy/c...index.html

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Yesterday numbers showed America inflation lower by 0.1%.

These American fuckers are massaging the numbers to soothe the stock market.

Smile

Like Japan entering deflationary spiral due to shrinking workforce....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-05-2023, 02:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Like Japan entering deflationary spiral due to shrinking workforce....

Japan is different. 

China is very big. Stable prices and currency are good for local consumptions and steady export growth.

Stable local consumption growth and export growth are good for China's economy and social stability.

(11-05-2023, 03:10 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Japan is different. 

China is very big. Stable prices and currency are good for local consumptions and steady export growth.

Stable local consumption growth and export growth are good for China's economy and social stability.

If your nasi lemak increase from $2.50 to $3 suddenly its painful.

But...

If your nasi lemak price drops from $2.50 to $2, it means your economy is gone case 

That is why economist target 2-÷3%  inflation as healthy.

If you deflate like Japan, after 20yrs the economy shrink from 27% of global economy to 17%

If China wants to remain an economic power house 
It has to avoid deflation....

Recently it's economic recovery has slowed yo a crawl, mainly because property sector which js 30% of the economy is half dead and continue to be that way.

China will just become next Japan

Aiya doesn't matter lah. They dun worry why you everyday worry so much for them? As long as got a place to stay and food to eat, no need to unduly worry
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Just less than a year ago, CNN was going on and on about China's PPI inflation at double digit numbers and impending doom is near. Now that the PPI has fallen and CPI is only slightly increased, again impending doom is near.

The economists and analysts interviewed are never short of reasons why doom is near. I am ok with news channels making predictions no matter what they may be, but can we at least lay the standards out right at the start on what constitutes good, normal and bad for each country? Also can we have a more detailed explanation why US inflation coming down from 8.5% to 4.9% is good while China's inflation coming down from 2.6% to 0.1% is bad?

Japan's inflation has gone from around 0% for the past few decades to its highest ever at 3+% recently, yet I am not aware of anyone overseas or domestic thinking that this is a great thing for Japan. 

The more I read and learn about macro economics, the more weary I become. It is a very complicated and technical subject that most people are ill-equipped to understand and the fact it is a soft science also adds a significant amount uncertainty that even experts keep getting wrong a lot of times. 

All these news channels and papers randomly quoting one guy who then obsesses over one or two particular number and using that to generate bombastic headline prognostications do more to confuse than to educate laymen.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

Just go with the flow and look for exit liquidity

Sg GDP only 0.1% you never report. Rotfl
Why you bother so much about China?
China GDP still achieved 4.5%.

This team panicked like hell…
Market crash is inevitable…

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://www.mti.gov.sg/Newsroom/Press-Re...er-of-2023

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Is it an addiction? Everyday digging china trash to look for treasure

That's CNN for you - disinformation.

US's CPI fall is a good thing, inflation under control.

China CPI fall, deflation deepens, China collapsing.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(11-05-2023, 05:48 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Is it an addiction? Everyday digging china trash to look for treasure

US GDP even more jialat than China. He kept quiet…

China's economy grew 4.5% in the first quarter, the fastest pace in a year

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/04/18/chin...-2023.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/27/busin...onomy.html

just help me to ask the CNN/ CNBC/ NYT economists. An economy with continue trade surpluses can go into deflation like Japan?

There are other issues i am aware of but in short term to medium term how to equate a trade surplus economy to Japanese style deflation? don't know how these ppl got their PHD in in economics? did they really analyse it with data or just write it for eyeballs ?

(11-05-2023, 02:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/economy/c...index.html

Here is the latest trade statistics for April 2023.  

Total import and export +8.9%. Trade surplus +96.5%.   

[Image: Trades01.png]

so deflate what?

These economists talking nonsense right? Bear in mind PCE/ CPI and GDP are 2 difference sets of data and it only strongly correlate if it is an internal consumption model.

They used the internal consumption economy model to analyse an export economy, how funny and how novice can it be.

(11-05-2023, 05:48 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Is it an addiction? Everyday digging china trash to look for treasure

https://www.tiktok.com/@alanlin503/video...9955719430

挖呀挖呀挖
[+] 1 user Likes TalkingRabbit's post

Go and visit China instead of just reading news from Western media. You'll see how it is progressing well. Of course it has its problems but which country doesn't? Right now, I'd say America has a bigger problem.

China economy is already dying and collapsing. Ah tiongs have no money and are jobless.

That's why cult leader xi need to go america to beg for friendship LOL! What a sad and pathetic "country".

Truly the sick man of asia.

Ahbutt pukimak found job already?

To Pukimak ahbutt the amdk arse lickers stooge’s you don't know meh your daddies begging liao cheo kau peng

[Image: IMG-20231120-081353.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20231120-081232.jpg]

Amdk lost face liao lah