Walk Backwards to Get Rid of Your Knee and Back Pain

[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

[Image: CB21113-B-C768-490-D-8-EBA-1-D3-FBEFC16-D3.gif]

Saw before at pcn

[Image: B2-EC264-E-32-F5-414-F-B694-10-CB112761-AC.jpg]

(09-01-2022, 06:23 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Saw before at pcn

It helps you use your muscle at back of your thighs, release the pressure on kneecaps. Even dogs walk backwards. Big Grin

[Image: 2-EC212-E0-B506-465-B-A977-B507871957-C5.gif]

[Image: D7-CCE98-B-C7-F9-42-CD-B6-AC-882289-C6-F05-D.gif]

Any scientific evidence?
I read somewhere saying not to walk backwards. 

Especially for seniors, prone to fall.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

Yes, walking backward is very good but on the safe side better wear a rear view mirror so that you dun walk into a lamp post or longkang.

[Image: HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg]

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(09-01-2022, 07:01 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Yes, walking backward is very good but on the safe side better wear a rear view mirror so that you dun walk into a lamp post or longkang.

Yes, when you walk backwards, you cannot see where you ae going, could be knock a lamppost, with other PCN users and drains.....

But get head injuries

(09-01-2022, 07:01 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Yes, walking backward is very good but on the safe side better wear a rear view mirror so that you dun walk into a lamp post or longkang.

[Image: 41-BA995-B-6-CA9-4-B0-C-AE4-A-DE0-FB35-C95-C6.png]

[Image: 4115-E8-DC-11-AA-4051-9-C79-0784-C2-FF8378.png]

Once a siao lang walking backwards very fast bang into me at the park.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Can wear headgear fitted with rear-view mirror "a la vehicular"

(09-01-2022, 07:58 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Once a siao lang walking backwards very fast bang into me at the park.

Rotfl

Abstract

Walking backwards has been used in therapy to improve balance and gait. There has not been any systematic investigation into the effectiveness or safety of walking backwards. We present two cases in which walking backwards during physical therapy resulted in a fall and considerable morbidity. The only clear indication for treatment by walking backwards should be a task-specific need to do so, and only then if adequate safety can be assured.

(09-01-2022, 08:08 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Abstract

Walking backwards has been used in therapy to improve balance and gait. There has not been any systematic investigation into the effectiveness or safety of walking backwards. We present two cases in which walking backwards during physical therapy resulted in a fall and considerable morbidity. The only clear indication for treatment by walking backwards should be a task-specific need to do so, and only then if adequate safety can be assured.
Even walking forward with two eyes close also difficult, now to walk backwards will be more dangerous, if it is done in a PCN or a road...

[Image: 026-BF892-1521-499-A-8-D69-C15-E2-A9817-E8.gif]

[Image: C3-A5-C94-B-F130-4-BF9-BDD5-08-CC4-F294-E32.gif]

Humans actually begin walking on all fours... with evolution we develop back pain when walking on twos  Thinking

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(09-01-2022, 06:31 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  It helps you use your muscle at back of your thighs, release the pressure on kneecaps. Even dogs walk backwards. Big Grin

[Image: 2-EC212-E0-B506-465-B-A977-B507871957-C5.gif]

[Image: D7-CCE98-B-C7-F9-42-CD-B6-AC-882289-C6-F05-D.gif]

I suspect the two dogs are actually walking forward, but the video is taken to show they walk backwards.  In filming it is easy to show a person walking backwards but is in fact walking forward, just reverse the film and it is done.....

Nowadays social media so much stupiak stuffs and best of all, there are stupiakest people to believe

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Many retarded do that to exercise.

(09-01-2022, 09:32 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Many retarded do that to exercise.
I think you are right.....

It's not a stupid idea, it does good to your entire system. But you need to do so safely and for a period of time to see the positive effects. Don't need the head gear if there's a partner with you on the walk. Just one go backwards while the other forward as you hold hands doing it, then vice versa. Walk slowly for 15mins to 30mins.

(09-01-2022, 10:57 PM)Sticw Wrote:  It's not a stupid idea, it does good to your entire system. But you need to do so safely and for a period of time to see the positive effects. Don't need the head gear if there's a partner with you on the walk. Just one go backwards while the other forward as you hold hands doing it, then vice versa. Walk slowly for 15mins to 30mins.

Good suggestion, I tried it in my living room just now, walk forward for 5 steps then walk backwards another 5 steps, very safe.

(09-01-2022, 10:57 PM)Sticw Wrote:  It's not a stupid idea, it does good to your entire system. But you need to do so safely and for a period of time to see the positive effects. Don't need the head gear if there's a partner with you on the walk. Just one go backwards while the other forward as you hold hands doing it, then vice versa. Walk slowly for 15mins to 30mins.

Rotfl

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

I swim backwards in a swimming pool.

I see people walk backwards into me at park I will shout at them, do you have eyes at the back of your head?

It is easier and faster by walking backward down a steep paved slope path.

Walking up a mountain is tough. Walking down a steep mountain can be even tougher. People repel down. They face backward.

(09-01-2022, 11:27 PM)theold Wrote:  It is easier and faster by walking backward down a steep paved slope path.

It is easier to fall and suffer permanent disability unless they have eyes at the back of their head. Want to do proper exercises, do taichi or specific movements targetted at specific muscle groups.

I used it went the pressure on the legs were too great when going down the slope.

(09-01-2022, 11:07 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I swim backwards in a swimming pool.

I used to do lots of freestyle and breaststroke. Then you need to do some backstrokes to ease the muscles and also your posture. That's why walking backwards should be good exercise since we mostly walk forward..