China opening up is abrupt but still the right thing to do...

I quote from the article below from a Chinese citizen.

Quote:"I wasn't too worried (when we tested positive), I was quite well prepared with food and medicine," she said.

"When I think of this situation my feeling is just, wow, we are so lucky because now we can isolate at home," Yang said.

"This wave is something we have to face, because it is impossible to stay closed forever," Yang said.

The Chinese people are willing to go through this phase and move on with their lives. Just 1 month ago there was widespread protests.

The current surge is no different from elsewhere. Every country has to go through it to exit from covid pandemic.

Once can say China could have used the time when they had strict restrictions to be better prepared for this phase. This is true. But my take is the sudden widespread protests caught the authorities by surprise and they did a sudden U turn rather than a gradual exit plan.

What ever it is despite the negative news about lack of facilities etc. In 2 weeks most of the people would have caught covid and the crisis will be over. Same as every other country.

As for the negative news, it's the same S.Africa had to face it when their cases surge, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand ...many countries have to face up and go through it.

I see many positives with China relaxation of restrictions. It shows the govt ultimately has to listen to the people and cannot take the hardline forever. The illogicality of trying to prevent deaths with permanent lockdowns was defeated by pragmatism of the people. Going ahead it help to balance the govt with people power and drive a new governance model in China one that has to always answer to the will of the people.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/chi...19-3164231

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Are the 2 statues tigers or rabbits?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

ccp lickers will now start yelling about why others so concerned about opening…  Rolleyes

Wah China smart till today all amdk suckers stooge’s pom pi pi everyday LOL
https://media.tenor.com/V7AZsgkthcIAAAAM/head-csgo.gif https://media.tenor.com/wgyFN1-XBMAAAAAM...n-chow.gif https://media.tenor.com/JZHWoDHZw20AAAAM...hahaha.gif

(24-12-2022, 07:07 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I quote from the article below from a Chinese citizen.

The Chinese people are willing to go through this phase and move on with their lives. Just 1 month ago there was widespread protests.

The current surge is no different from elsewhere. Every country has to go through it to exit from covid pandemic.

Once can say China could have used the time when they had strict restrictions to be better prepared for this phase. This is true. But my take is the sudden widespread protests caught the authorities by surprise and they did a sudden U turn rather than a gradual exit plan.

What ever it is despite the negative news about lack of facilities etc. In 2 weeks most of the people would have caught covid and the crisis will be over. Same as every other country.

As for the negative news, it's the same S.Africa had to face it when their cases surge, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand ...many countries have to face up and go through it.

I see many positives with China relaxation of restrictions. It shows the govt ultimately has to listen to the people and cannot take the hardline forever. The illogicality of trying to prevent deaths with permanent lockdowns was defeated by pragmatism of the people. Going ahead it help to balance the govt with people power and drive a new governance model in China one that has to always answer to the will of the people.

For once you talked sense! No more spoilt brat  - closed you complained opened you complained!

Good for you! More balanced view unlike the keling-whore2001 from the dark holes of Calculta!

(24-12-2022, 07:57 AM)pervertosan Wrote:  ccp lickers will now start yelling about why others so concerned about opening…  Rolleyes

China have been planning for Opening up for the past 2 years! Full credits must be given to them for this ingenious strategy!!! 
AMDK lickers only hide inside Lockdown strategy.

(24-12-2022, 10:09 AM)kallangfishing Wrote:  China have been planning for Opening up for the past 2 years! Full credits must be given to them for this ingenious strategy!!! 
AMDK lickers only hide inside Lockdown strategy.

China is unprepared and like many other govts made numerous mistakes. It is they learn from it so they can improve instead of thinking of themselves as perfect. 

As has been widely reported, China did an about-face on its zero-Covid policy, lifting almost all controls because of mass protests in late November. But the protests were just the trigger. The underlying issue is that China’s leaders have finally comprehended the magnitude of the devastating impact of the policy on the economy.

The lack of preparation for this has been made worse by the fact that the government got its priorities wrong from the start. Beijing has spent billions of yuan on prevention instead of treatment, on mass testing and building huge quarantine facilities and makeshift hospitals. Imagine how different it could have been if Beijing had poured all that money and resources into public health infrastructure – including grass-roots clinics across the country so that they could better cope with the surging cases.
China must import mRNA vaccines to stop Covid-19 ‘disaster’: US health experts
[size=11]22 Dec 2022

[Image: 46af288f-616b-49ef-8158-e985be8319ec_3a7...1671681020]
[/size]

The government also messed up its vaccination strategy from the outset. When China first started to roll out vaccines, the National Health Commission strongly recommended that only those people aged between 18 and 59 should get jabbed. That gave the impression that the vaccines were not suitable for people over 60, particularly those with underlying medical conditions. Its main rationale appeared to be that those aged 18 to 59 would have to work and needed protection against the virus while the elderly mostly stayed home.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

CCP who protest against lock down, if yr loves one died from COVID, dun complain coz u asked for it.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(24-12-2022, 07:57 AM)pervertosan Wrote:  ccp lickers will now start yelling about why others so concerned about opening…  Rolleyes

We are just as concerned about yr health. Barking daily...

Smile

The opening was unplanned as it was forced by mass protest. Rather haphazard. Now depends on how the govt will contain the shortages and shortcoming. If they do it well, it's good for the world too.
[+] 2 users Like Instinct's post

(24-12-2022, 02:06 PM)Instinct Wrote:  The opening was unplanned as it was forced by mass protest. Rather haphazard. Now depends on how the govt will contain the shortages and shortcoming. If they do it well, it's good for the world too.

No!!! Don't you know 习近平在加一盘大棋???
Everything is planned perfectly by Xi and CCP!!!
PLEASE give full credits to where full credits are due!!!

Love China! Love their perfect plan!

(24-12-2022, 07:07 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I quote from the article below from a Chinese citizen.

Right and wrong at the same time. Ah tiong wasted the last 2 years by not getting everyone vaccinated and getting the hospitals ready. Instead ah tiongs wasted tonnes of money on mass testing. Now anyhow open up without getting the people fully vaccinated with real vaccines and no garment check. How can ?

Thinking Laughing

Ah way 3 days wonder hor still zero death hor

If you think that they only open up because people protest then you are wrong. Even before that there's already rumours that China intend to fully open up in March next year. The protest only brings it forward.

The Chinese leaders are not stupid. They know they cannot lock down forever and Xi is only waiting for the congress to be over, to cement himself another term as president.

So all the kao bei from people about China is simply because they do not understand the dynamics of politics.

(24-12-2022, 02:11 PM)way Wrote:  Right and wrong at the same time. Ah tiong wasted the last 2 years by not getting everyone vaccinated and getting the hospitals ready. Instead ah tiongs wasted tonnes of money on mass testing. Now anyhow open up without getting the people fully vaccinated with real vaccines and no garment check. How can ?

Thinking Laughing
2 years wasted on mass testing instead of vaccination. Now force to open when they are not ready. Probably if they have a better vaccine now that most Chinese believe in and start doing mass vaccination, maybe they can catch up on lost time.

Aiya china where got done anything right? Shdnt hv produced so many hjzg all over the place, very poisonous

Damn funny when angmo cok suckers who never been to China talk as if they know....like SGbutt who had travelled the world from the comfort of his room.

(24-12-2022, 01:47 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  CCP who protest against lock down, if yr loves one died from COVID, dun complain coz u asked for it.

It's a tough decision to make, don't lockdown also problem, lockdown also problem..... Clapping

right is wrong
wrong is right
shan zai shan zao

(24-12-2022, 03:11 PM)debono Wrote:  It's a tough decision to make, don't lockdown also problem, lockdown also problem..... Clapping

Wrong.

The problem is USA is evil!!!

All the problem in China is designed by America!!!

USA! USA!! USA!!!!!!  Angry

(24-12-2022, 01:47 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  CCP who protest against lock down, if yr loves one died from COVID, dun complain coz u asked for it.

Don't open up also a problem, cos there is discontent among the people, and also it affects the country's  GDP, negatively .... Clapping

(24-12-2022, 07:52 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Are the 2 statues tigers or rabbits?

Tigers. Never see orange rabbit before. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(24-12-2022, 02:06 PM)Instinct Wrote:  The opening was unplanned as it was forced by mass protest. Rather haphazard. Now depends on how the govt will contain the shortages and shortcoming. If they do it well, it's good for the world too.

Well said you deserve a like............. Clapping

(24-12-2022, 03:35 PM)winbig Wrote:  Tigers. Never see orange rabbit before. Laughing

Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(24-12-2022, 03:18 PM)debono Wrote:  Don't open up also a problem, cos there is discontent among the people, and also it affects the country's  GDP, negatively .... Clapping
In life we have to make tough decisions.. so once decided, don't kao pei and push the blame to others.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(24-12-2022, 05:35 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  In life we have to make tough decisions.. so once decided, don't kao pei and push the blame to others.

You are right in making this comment...... Clapping