Consumer Council finds cancer-causing substance in 95 per cent of coffee samples

Hong Kong Consumer Council finds cancer-causing substance in 95 per cent of coffee samples

Consumer Council found genotoxic carcinogenic acrylamide in 47 of 49 coffee samples, with those of instant coffee containing a higher level of the substance

Instant coffee brand with the highest amount of acrylamide detected was Taster’s Choice (Nestle) Original Soluble Coffee, at 790 micrograms per kilogram

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/heal...er-causing

Laughing

last time say crackers got problem. cause quite some problem to manufacturers. now coffee.
in the end most of things tested will have some kind of bad thing inside.
nothing can eat already.

(19-01-2022, 12:29 PM)sclim Wrote:  last time say crackers got problem. cause quite some  problem to manufacturers. now coffee.
in the end most of things tested will have some kind of bad thing inside.
nothing can eat already.

If we were to check every substances with a fine comb, chances are there must be some toxic substances in most substances......

aiya said many times those 3in1 and exotic coffee drinks very unhealthful

grow a few coffee trees and make own coffee drink the safest

There are many carcinogenic substances the difference is concentration levels

Sausages, fruits, farm products ....etc have trace amounts.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Why the HK consumer council so free to test everything for carcinogen?

Almost everything can cause cancer in high enough doses. In fact anything roasted such as coffee beans, bakkwa and bacon can cause cancer.

Very good reflection of the level of paranoia in HK today. Hamsters, they also want to cull.

(19-01-2022, 11:14 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  Hong Kong Consumer Council finds cancer-causing substance in 95 per cent of coffee samples

Consumer Council found genotoxic carcinogenic acrylamide in 47 of 49 coffee samples, with those of instant coffee containing a higher level of the substance

Instant coffee brand with the highest amount of acrylamide detected was Taster’s Choice (Nestle) Original Soluble Coffee, at 790 micrograms per kilogram

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/heal...er-causing

What cancer? Being drinking coffee since toddler, 2 packets 3 in one and 1 cup coffee stall.  I thought last time say coffee prevent cancer Thinking

If you follow all these "expert advice", you will end up with nothing to eat!  Rotfl

Anything that's roasted with a bit of burnt is cancer causing substance lah. Without testing coffee I also know all will have. For the 5% that doesn't have, they don't contain any coffee, fake product.

how cum hk garment so proactive? some only lan lan follow suit, some even bochap

What's more important is not to eat too much of everything. Moderation is the best policy!

Oh nope sinkies favor drink