Business Times : Tough lessons as China's economic recovery fizzles out

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/opinion...d-recovery

The economy was supposed to roar back this year, but festering problems caught up with it. The bigger shift has been in our own expectations of how well China can perform

INSTEAD of being 2023’s banner economy, China was relegated to the ranks of the also-rans. Rather than roaring back after the draconian Covid-Zero curbs were erased, the country’s recovery quickly fizzled. Prospects for a significant improvement next year are limited in the absence of sweeping efforts to crank up growth – something President Xi Jinping appears reluctant to embrace. There are lessons for everyone in how this former juggernaut came down to earth.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

They will not talk good about anyone except Singapore

Only Singapore looks bright into 2024. 

Without Singapore, the world collapsed

SgFett can only copy the western propaganda to help spreading them. You read latest development or not?  

With M East now Houthis Movement attacking shipping lines in Red Sea, Suez Canal is almost not usable.  

1. Will US inflation shoots up? Can US keep the promise of cutting interest next year? Chinese products will be higher for delivery as containers for shipment will be in short supply as they are trapped in western countries with no return to China for new shipments.     

2. EU will be in shortage of oil and gas, with cold winter, will price shoot up and cost of living going up?

3. China will continue to get oil from M East thru rail. China is in GDP growth of more than 5 to 5.5%.  

Cannot find Business Time at news Agent in Victoria CBD

Tiu...the bloody business times is a CECA infested publication

Sgbutt is an ah neh lah.

Ignore List: Oyk

(29-12-2023, 09:51 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  Tiu...the bloody business times is a CECA infested publication

Also printing extra 95,000 daily to be destroyed?

(29-12-2023, 09:57 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Sgbutt is an ah neh lah.

SgButt must neh lah.  

Can't understand Chinese and plp amtk.  

If Chinese, his ancestor must be angry with him.  

(29-12-2023, 08:22 AM)webinarian Wrote:  SgFett can only copy the western propaganda to help spreading them. You read latest development or not?  

With M East now Houthis Movement attacking shipping lines in Red Sea, Suez Canal is almost not usable.  

1. Will US inflation shoots up? Can US keep the promise of cutting interest next year? Chinese products will be higher for delivery as containers for shipment will be in short supply as they are trapped in western countries with no return to China for new shipments.     

2. EU will be in shortage of oil and gas, with cold winter, will price shoot up and cost of living going up?

3. China will continue to get oil from M East thru rail. China is in GDP growth of more than 5 to 5.5%.  

Cheap Chinese products help keep Biden's inflation down.  

With ships not passing Red Sea and Suez Canal, cost and inflation will be up and US may have difficulty to lower interests next year.   

Br prepared.   

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(29-12-2023, 09:51 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  Tiu...the bloody business times is a CECA infested publication

What is important is what is said about Chjna so far has come true,  its property slump, stock market slump, economy slump, unemployment and fast declining confidence. 

So far we see many rich Chinese leaving for Singapore not willing to stay back in China.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.