Chinese President Xi Jinping’s English Language Skills Are Improving

(28-01-2023, 03:19 PM)Manthink Wrote:  This is an interesting view - In which language would u suggest that SG leaders be using in similar setting leh? Big Grin

If Winnie Xi use Chinese, Germany use German, France use French, Pinkie of course use Malay lah.. If not why our national anthem is in Malay.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(28-01-2023, 10:17 PM)Manthink Wrote:  That's why Xi understand  at least being Bilingual is critical in a globalised world which China has prospered and part of today.

How else was he and many of his Comrades able to travel, learn and stay overseas from SG to US back in the 1980s to learn about the World ?

Xi was one of 5 young Chinese officials who traveled and stayed in Iowa as an agricultural delegation....and yes all had at least 1 foreign languages competency before being sent abroad.
[Image: 001ce4_58f449e6b36a4b08b59e3fca49d805f9~mv2.jpg]

In JinPing Pooh’s case, his foreign language must have been either Uyghur or Tibetan.