Chinese learning from Ukraine conflict - Switch to light, fast and smart tactics
Lightbulb 

PLA already training at tactical level with drones.

FPV attack drones, rapid fire CQB shotguns and anti-drone return-to-home targeting rifle and cross-bow squad.

Zhejiang University engineering students developed jungle-penetrating self navigating swamp drone...

快,狠,准,攻其不备,一击中的,大功告成

Biggest mistake Russia made was not to flatten those lands that it doesn't intend to hold..

Just bomb the shit out of ukraine..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(18-10-2022, 08:04 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Biggest mistake Russia made was not to flatten those lands that it doesn't intend to hold..Just bomb the shit out of ukraine..
What Russian lacks is good near real time intelligence to deploy their weapons accurately..and being innovative on the battlefield. The Ukrainians being on the  weaker side, understand this is crucial being mobile, fast and precise. Clearly, the Chinese had observed this and seen how hobbyist drone pilots can use their skill for frontline military operation by flying their palm-side FPV quads both for recon and attacks.

FPV – ‘first person view’ — drones offer a more immersive flying experience than standard drones. Other drones are flown largely by autopilot; the operator tells the drone where to go and it flies itself. In the FPV experience, the operator is in direct control of the drone. This requires far more skill, but FPV pilots can fly much faster through cluttered terrain than autopilots, and FPV drone racing is a popular competitive sport.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambli...gh-doorway

FPV drone pilots zoom over Russian lines...

Now imagine PLA borrowing the same real-world tactics from Ukraine conflict and apply to their existing assets and drone tech...

(18-10-2022, 11:11 AM)Manthink Wrote:  What Russian lacks is good near real time intelligence to deploy their weapons accurately..and being innovative on the battlefield. The Ukrainians being on the  weaker side, understand this is crucial being mobile, fast and precise. Clearly, the Chinese had observed this and seen how hobbyist drone pilots can use their skill for frontline military operation by flying their palm-side FPV quads both for recon and attacks.

FPV – ‘first person view’ — drones offer a more immersive flying experience than standard drones. Other drones are flown largely by autopilot; the operator tells the drone where to go and it flies itself. In the FPV experience, the operator is in direct control of the drone. This requires far more skill, but FPV pilots can fly much faster through cluttered terrain than autopilots, and FPV drone racing is a popular competitive sport.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambli...gh-doorway

I'm not sure but if Russia depends on GPS for aerial reconnaissance then they have problem- that's why China set up their own GPS system - the Beidou. All their missiles and aerial reconnaissance are guided by Beidou rather than GPS

(18-10-2022, 11:25 AM)sporeguy Wrote:  I'm not sure but if Russia depends on GPS for aerial reconnaissance then they have problem- that's why China set up their own GPS system - the Beidou. All their missiles and aerial reconnaissance are guided by Beidou rather than GPS

The Russian don't use GPS..they have GLOSNASS.
Problem here is more on the accuracy and timeliness at the tactical level which field infantry can use quickly. - That's where drones with real time video comes in.

(18-10-2022, 08:04 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Biggest mistake Russia made was not to flatten those lands that it doesn't intend to hold..
Just bomb the shit out of ukraine..

Won't do as eastern Ukraine has a lot of ethnic Russians living in that region.

The only "flattening" is when in intense urban fighting like in Mariupol. Even that isn't as intense as what the US military did in Vietnam or in 2005 during invasion of Iraq at Fallujah where civilians and children were  indiscriminate targeted...like using napalms and phosphorous bombs.

https://thoughtmaybe.com/fallujah-the-hidden-massacre/

(18-10-2022, 11:25 AM)sporeguy Wrote:  I'm not sure but if Russia depends on GPS for aerial reconnaissance then they have problem- that's why China set up their own GPS system - the Beidou. All their missiles and aerial reconnaissance are guided by Beidou rather than GPS
Russia also have their own gps lah..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(19-10-2022, 08:27 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Russia also have their own gps lah..

All global satellite navigation network is available to the public. Consider that a plus to us all. Cool

Apple itself has added this feature in since iPhone 12 in their chipset.

[Image: 966185]

[Image: d1e3293f73c44652b0cc5f14214baf4c.png]