Civil servants in Singapore to get 1-month year-end bonus

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/a...-one-month

power

Every time my Rich Uncle see this feel angry, been tax so much feed these " Jia liao bee people "

(25-11-2021, 05:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Every time my Rich Uncle see this feel angry, been tax so much feed these " Jia liao bee people "
Angry Angry Angry

(25-11-2021, 05:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Every time my Rich Uncle see this feel angry, been tax so much feed these " Jia liao bee people "

Don’t begrudge them their dues. They must have worked very hard Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-11-2021, 05:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Every time my Rich Uncle see this feel angry, been tax so much feed these  " Jia liao bee people "

Without them, your uncle can be rich? Got to grease don't know how many hands to do this and that. Without law and order and a good legal system and infrastructure, his biz also cannot move. These  " Jia liao bee people " actually make the rich richer lah.

Song!
December call CS can chiong overseas holiday.

(25-11-2021, 06:04 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Without them, your uncle can be rich? Got to grease don't know how many hands to do this and that. Without law and order and a good legal system and infrastructure, his biz also cannot move. These  " Jia liao bee people " actually make the rich richer lah.

my jlb friend in public sector sibei free. everyday send news, links to whatsup group, trying to look for opportunity to argue. i busy like hell, he got so much time during working hours sia. power

Is this the 13th month bonus?
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(25-11-2021, 06:13 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  my jlb friend in public sector sibei free. everyday send news, links to whatsgroup, trying to look for opportunity to argue. i busy like hell, he got so much time during working hours sia. power

Bro, you work as a civil servant too?
Heard liao jiao will arrow sin jiao.

(25-11-2021, 06:15 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Is this the 13th month bonus?

Bro, i dont think so, that is aws.

(25-11-2021, 06:15 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Bro, you work as a civil servant too?

That one happened everywhere, not just in CS.

(25-11-2021, 06:18 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That one happened everywhere, not just in CS.

Bro, i will only know next year march.
This coming December, dont even know whether have aws or not...

(25-11-2021, 06:15 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Bro, you work as a civil servant too?

nope. in private sector farming hard
[+] 1 user Likes happyharvest's post

If we have abundance reserve is ok but its has abundance why keep increasing the cost of living even when times is bad?
When peaceful time , they get good bonuses as well with
'iron' rice bowl . In general during Bad times when many are worried abt their job, they still have better bonus . Is not their pay is way below market price. haizzzz

(25-11-2021, 05:58 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Don’t begrudge them their dues. They must have worked very hard Laughing

Are the Grades Thinking III & V the lowest in the civil service....?
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(25-11-2021, 06:24 PM)debono Wrote:  Are the Grades Thinking III & V the lowest in the civil service....?

I heard there are many levels...
By the time reach the say top 10 level, already hit 50s?

(25-11-2021, 06:04 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Without them, your uncle can be rich? Got to grease don't know how many hands to do this and that. Without law and order and a good legal system and infrastructure, his biz also cannot move. These  " Jia liao bee people " actually make the rich richer lah.

NONSESNE, MY uncle mention, Economics etc itself will path a road keep moving these Jia liao bee just " make themself feel they are needed " ownself create job for themselves Out of nothing.

MX15 and MX16 is high or low rank?

(25-11-2021, 06:24 PM)debono Wrote:  Are the Grades Thinking III & V the lowest in the civil service....?

I think IV is the lowest (e.g. drivers, attendants etc), followed by III (clerks), then II (poly grads) and Div I (degree holders).  Can some civil servant here enlighten? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

And these are just the normal civil serpents. We haven't gone on to the superscale officers and those in the Admin service Big Grin

O lvl in Army can get over $10k salary!

(25-11-2021, 07:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I think IV is the lowest (e.g. drivers, attendants etc), followed by III (clerks), then II (poly grads) and Div I (degree holders).  Can some civil servant here enlighten? Big Grin

I think you may be right...... Clapping

I supposed you are referring to the essential services civil servant like police, civil defense or even SAF (some might dispute that)?? If yes, those might deserve it.

But there are tons of civil servants out that that might not meet your law and order and a good legal system and infrastructure, so do they still deserve it??

In fact, if you asked me if OYK and LW deserved the 1 month bonus, in my opinion, no..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

G and statutory board also employ many contract staff recently because many fresh graduate could not get job in the private sectors. Contract staff get no bonus nor 13 month.

(25-11-2021, 08:39 PM)Clyde Wrote:  G and statutory board also employ many contract staff recently because many fresh graduate could not get job in the private sectors. Contract staff get no bonus nor 13 month.

Nah they still can get I remember but a bit different that all.

(25-11-2021, 08:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Nah they still can get I remember but a bit different that all.

I have already checked with someone close to me, and he said he had nothing. When the contract ends he has to leave.

(25-11-2021, 08:53 PM)Clyde Wrote:  I have already checked with someone close to me, and he said he has nothing. When the contract ends he has to leave.

actually a lot a contract civil servants every 2 year sign again
later like 5 years will be perm staff

(25-11-2021, 08:55 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  actually a lot a contract civil servants every 2 year sign again
later like 5 years will be perm staff

Not anymore, now his contract is only 9 months.

Is army; police and fireman civil servant ? Army assist MOH ; Police assist MOH to make sure those quarantine people at home (tracking tags) Fireman clean the roads and drains during water floods.