Nowadays the Quality of New Condos is Very Bad

not worth buying...this is what my relative who works in that industry told me, he doesn’t want to buy a condo even though he has money.

My condo is 30+ years old and still very good.

workmanship is poor, contractors cut corners all the time

that’s why developer is more important than psf price…many small no name developers…avoid

(21-09-2021, 12:55 PM)dynamite Wrote:  My condo is 30+ years old and still very good.

quality drops over the years

(21-09-2021, 12:56 PM)pervertosan Wrote:  that’s why developer is more important than psf price…many small no name developers…avoid

City dev OK?

(21-09-2021, 12:53 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  not worth buying...this is what my relative who works in that industry told me, he doesn’t want to buy a condo even though he has money.

HDB structure is very good my family bought 36ys ago still no problem ...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(21-09-2021, 12:56 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  quality drops over the years

Mine is freehold. I plan to stay for 200 years.

(21-09-2021, 12:53 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  not worth buying...this is what my relative who works in that industry told me, he doesn’t want to buy a condo even though he has money.

New BTO flats also, is not a big secret. Now a days why quality is bad.
Because want to build fast = more money.
In order to build fast, a lot process so call " short cut ".

Sounds like many have good quality homes during LKY times...until...

Confused

My HDB is about 43 years. 
Town council doing a good job. 
Clean and well upkeep.

(21-09-2021, 01:06 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Sounds like many have good quality homes during LKY times...until...

even come repaint also short cut now a days.
I saw now they don't spray water on the block to scrap off the old paint.
JUST use new paint override the old paint , paint over.

(21-09-2021, 12:56 PM)dynamite Wrote:  City dev OK?

of course…smaller ones like SCGlobal also top quality

I happen to see this video , is Ang mo property agent here trying to sell this Luxury Penthouse
Fully Loaded 3br 4,682 sqft D'Leedon Penthouse + private garden & pool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqH0uIYqlpI

(21-09-2021, 01:06 PM)Migrant Wrote:  My HDB is about 43 years. 
Town council doing a good job. 
Clean and well upkeep.
You're right. My friend bought a freehold condo summerview in geylang, spalling concrete, toilet leaking, conceal pipes leaking and a long list of problems. He also said for a roof hdb over the head hdb is better compare to condo.
[+] 1 user Likes Great's post

(21-09-2021, 01:28 PM)Great Wrote:  You're right. My friend bought a freehold condo summerview in geylang, spalling concrete, toilet leaking, conceal pipes leaking and a long list of problems. He also said for a roof hdb over the head hdb is better compare to condo.

Must be " cheap, average condo " ? Now a days is really anyone can own a condo
This is why got grading, from low end condo to average, to high end to ultra high end condo.

Agreed.  So small in size, so expensive and now even the quality is compromised.  Time to move away from being a slave to properties.
[+] 1 user Likes justdoit2's post

(21-09-2021, 01:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HDB structure is very good my family bought 36ys ago still no problem ...
This is true.  HDB structures are very sound, it’s loading are way above specifications.  This especially true of flats build before the turn of the century.

cannot even think of owning one , cost an arm and leg these days

dont have such a big head, will not wear big hat ..i stick w cheap and good hdb
[+] 2 users Like keys's post

I know how to do many maintenance and repair myself.

(21-09-2021, 02:26 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I know how to do many maintenance and repair myself.

too much work, need a big surgery

I think it depends on the unit? there are sengkang property or punggol property that I know are good.

Workers are untrained. Materials are cheap and of low quality in condo. Workmanship and quality worst than BTO flats.

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

(21-09-2021, 12:56 PM)dynamite Wrote:  City dev OK?

Fraser Centerpoint is not bad.

Smile

most new launches hv horrible layouts, like kitchenette near entrance, no enclosure and window, no storage, no maid's room, no backyard.
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Thankfully old buildings were repainted at my place, else I thought I lived in a slum Rolleyes

(28-11-2021, 09:06 PM)klat Wrote:  Workers are untrained. Materials are cheap and of low quality in condo. Workmanship and quality worst than BTO flats.

That is the root cause of the problem, the main contractor just wants to have more profit from the project.... Laughing

https://www.asiaone.com/money/older-hdb-...mbers-show

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin