Cpf scams

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...072023_cna

Those local scammers arrested should be punished heavily be they young or old 

Scamming people's life time CPF retirement savings is a dastardly thing to do. A lowly beast will initiate such an action. 

Only maximum caning , jail for life and heavy fines can deter these evil doers from further harming citizens especially the less savvy seniors.

That is a very serious issue that the govt needs to solve

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Only dumb and naive like Jac Lau will vote for Shoot Blank Queen

A Minister who NEVER in her life manage risk before implementation

Never once pro-active

yet work like Receptionist

should be sacked

[Image: JT-Visit-Dorm-of-passing-FW-April-2020.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Robber now also clever

What are there so many CPF scams when there are zero EPF scams in Malaysia and zero MPF scans in Hong Kong ...?

Because they are very thoughtful not to link PayNow to the CPF accounts of elderly who are vulnerable to scams.  Only in Singapore they do something so risky and thoughtless.

Retirees have plenty of time to go to CPF office to take their money out which is like once in a lifetime or apply for regular withdrawals...what is the problem?

Nobody asked for this unnecessary but high risk Pay,ow link which is automatically activated giving scammer a means to steal CPF funds. And they never design enough safeguards around it to prevent malware penetration.

CPF should compensate these losses because it implemented a system that is flawed snd not safe..

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(08-07-2023, 11:46 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What are there so many CPF scams when there are zero EPF scams in Malaysia and zero MPF scans in Hong Kong ...?

Because they are very thoughtful not to link PayNow to the CPF accounts of elderly who are vulnerable to scams.  Only in Singapore they do something so risky and thoughtless.

Retirees have plenty of time to go to CPF office to take their money out which is like once in a lifetime or apply for regular withdrawals...what is the problem?

Nobody asked for this unnecessary but high risk Pay,ow link which is automatically activated giving scammer a means to steal CPF funds. And they never design enough safeguards around it to prevent malware penetration.

CPF should compensate these losses because it implemented a system that is flawed snd not safe..

Ya why
Cpf should compensate like what the bank did 
Since they can’t protect its members from scams

☝️

Ya. Why link paynow.
Why need to let cpf money transfered out so fast.

The cpf chief and those who implemented this this should be axed. Only look at the benefits but nvr consider safety side effects.

Pay by paynow is no issue 
Apply withdrawal 
Let cpf  check first where the money is gg to  bef pay.
Call member up to confirm
Give member a day or 2 to wait

☝️

The heavy price senior citizens have to pay for SG wanting earnestly to be a top class SMART NATION !!

The main beneficiaries are those freaking scammers...free cash easy money every day .

Get your children to major in Computer Science IT and become cold blooded zillionaires .

(08-07-2023, 12:23 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Pay by paynow is no issue 
Apply withdrawal 
Let cpf  check first where the money is gg to  bef pay.
Call member up to confirm
Give member a day or 2 to wait
Ya. 
Waiting for a few days no issue.
Afterall we ve waited till 55 yrs.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

(08-07-2023, 11:56 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Ya why
But then would need to change PayNow to  Pay2Dayslater

Yes, agreed with many here that why need to link to PayNow in the first place, is it just to meet their kpi in promoting Internet/virtual payment? 
And I am not aware of anyway to opt out of paynow for CPF, please share if you know

our gov useless
like that also can

And the minister said they are exploring insurance for scam??
Who pay for the insurance? 😕

(08-07-2023, 02:11 PM)T3T Wrote:  But then would need to change PayNow to  Pay2Dayslater

Yes, agreed with many here that why need to link to PayNow in the first place, is it just to meet their kpi in promoting Internet/virtual payment? 
And I am not aware of anyway to opt out of paynow for CPF, please share if you know

Difficult to opt out paynow which is in cpf system.
Maybe can try cancel your paynow account 
Paynow actually is fast transfer when Govt pays u gst voucher or wait few days
Got good n bad 

Your choice 
Beware of scanning QR codes

☝️

(08-07-2023, 02:18 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Difficult to opt out paynow which is in cpf system.
Maybe can try cancel your paynow account 
Paynow actually is fast transfer when Govt pays u gst voucher or wait few days
Got good n bad 

Your choice 
Beware of scanning QR codes
PayNow got it’s uses, just not necessary for CPF. 
CPF is for people’s life savings, the old ways of withdrawal is good enough. 
Gov can still use Paynow to give out that few hundred dollars per year if they want, just don’t put people’s life saving at risk, unnecessarily. 

I am using iPhone, so still safe for the time being
[+] 1 user Likes T3T's post

Paynow is the only option available for medisave contribution for self-employed. They refused to accept cheques payment or Internet transfer, which was available previously.

(08-07-2023, 06:05 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Paynow is the only option available for medisave contribution for self-employed. They refused to accept cheques payment or Internet transfer, which was available previously.
very high handed. Overbearing.

(08-07-2023, 11:56 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Ya why

And the whole country gets punished more & more

with increase GST to help these "poor"  because they became victims

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post