Woman scammed of > $213k; police, bank step in to save her from losing another $500k

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/w...%20%24500k&text=SINGAPORE%20%E2%80%93%20A%2075%2Dyear%2D,noticed%20her%20unusual%20banking%20behaviour.

she handles so much $$$ but never read news ah? several scams this method she so sotong meh?

75 yrs old, brain cell almost gone case. so easily got scam..

Nowadays I use crass vulgarities on the scammer. Male or female all at the receiving end of my tirade.

When I have time. I will play along and act the part of a potential victim. Sometimes my name given to them is Chow Lan Cheow or Fark You Dead and these tiongs wouldn’t know the difference.

When they ask for my ic number than I fcuk them upside down before hanging up Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(29-08-2024, 07:23 AM)Levin Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/w...%20%24500k&text=SINGAPORE%20%E2%80%93%20A%2075%2Dyear%2D,noticed%20her%20unusual%20banking%20behaviour.

75 yr old grandma Must be watch too much CCP Propagandas videos until thinking real China CCP police call her. Rolleyes

Sometime in July, the woman received a call from a scammer who claimed to be from Standard Chartered bank. She was informed that unauthorised transactions had been made on her Standard Chartered credit card. She was then referred to an “officer” purportedly from the Monetary Authority of Singapore for her to seek assistance. After speaking to the “officer” over the phone, the victim was told that her credit card had been compromised and the magnetic strip on her card could be fixed only if payment was made.

The “officer” asked her to sell her investment funds and to transfer more than $213,000 to various accounts held with other banks between July 26 and 29. The victim complied, and was then told by the “officer” to sell her investments worth $500,000 so that the details on the magnetic strip could be changed.

Why not make all transfers traceable?

Especially transfers overseas should require more verification.

For every case they are able to prevent there are 10 cases that scammer succeed. ...unless propepr checks and precautions are put into the system.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-08-2024, 07:42 AM)menghuii Wrote:  she handles so much $$$ but never read news ah? several scams this method she so sotong meh?

and people wonder why PAP can still stay in power................Sinkies coolie genes lah.............

(29-08-2024, 09:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why not make all transfers traceable?

Especially transfers overseas should require more verification.

For every case they are able to prevent there are 10 cases that scammer succeed. ...unless propepr checks and precautions are put into the system.
Transfer is done bypassing  human , only after human start tracing? .

At least she has so much to lose..

Online transfer very unsafe but Banks still support it. Online transitions hard to trace due to limited Due diligence.

75 Year- old woman , old & ugly

but believes that young man/ robot loves her?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?