Commentary: Heatwaves can be deadly for older adults

Commentary: Heatwaves can be deadly for older adults

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commenta...sk-4360991

(27-05-2024, 09:44 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Commentary: Heatwaves can be deadly for older adults
 https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commenta...sk-4360991

When humidity reaches as high as 90%, even 25.6 deg C may be hazardous to older adults. This is indeed bad news for seniors in S'pore where temperatures are routinely over 30 deg C and humidity levels are usually past 80%.

The ideal temperature for seniors to have restful sleep is 20 - 25 deg C. The quality of sleep declines as temperatures rise so those without a/c at home will suffer health conditions from a lack of restful deep sleep.

On aircon loh
That kit Leng siaotinel only fan with banana leaves

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(27-05-2024, 01:09 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  On aircon loh. That kit Leng siaotinel only fan with banana leaves

His maid won't get any sleep fanning him all night long with the banana leaf. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCEc6ZfQL7PT8btMSnha8...MixNALdA&s]

(27-05-2024, 01:12 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  His maid won't get any sleep fanning him all night long with the banana leaf. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCEc6ZfQL7PT8btMSnha8...MixNALdA&s]

He where got maid, has to sell second hand umbrellas to survive.
If u don’t help him bash against pap he will call u a retard same as gemsai full of bitterness

☝️

(27-05-2024, 01:16 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  He where got maid, has to sell second hand umbrellas to survive. If u don’t help him bash against pap he will call u a retard same as gemsai full of bitterness

Regardless of whether we support or criticise the Pappies, we are One People. Don't let the govt divide and rule us by amplifying our differences through the CIMO classification.

(27-05-2024, 01:20 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Regardless of whether we support or criticise the Pappies, we are One People. Don't let the govt divide and rule us by amplifying our differences through the CIMO classification.

One people with different status 
Rich side pap poor side Oppo.

☝️

Not only heatwaves is deadly for older adults. In fact everything in excess is dangerous for old people like strong wind  heavy rain, very cold water, excessively cold aircon  etc. Even walk too fast is deadly.      Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-05-2024, 01:25 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Not only heatwaves is deadly for older adults. In fact everything in excess is dangerous for old people like strong wind  heavy rain, very cold water, excessively cold aircon  etc. Even walk too fast is deadly.  

Not walking at all is deadlier i.e. no exercise.

(27-05-2024, 01:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  One people with different status Rich side pap poor side Oppo.

That is simplistic, but untrue. Wealthier S'poreans also resent the Govt for causing them to pay more for their landed homes, condos, cars as well as both direct and indirect taxation. That is why Holland-Bukit Timah has been carved up as part of the ruling party's gerrymandering to spread more of the anti-MIW out to Tanjong Pagar and Jurong GRC as well.

(27-05-2024, 01:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  That is simplistic, but untrue. Wealthier S'poreans also resent the Govt for causing them to pay more for their landed homes, condos, cars as well as both direct and indirect taxation. That is why Holland-Bukit Timah has been carved up as part of the ruling party's gerrymandering to spread more of the anti-MIW out to Tanjong Pagar and Jurong GRC as well.

So u vote who?

☝️

(27-05-2024, 01:29 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Not walking at all is deadlier i.e. no exercise.

Some went marathon n died suddenly

☝️

(27-05-2024, 01:34 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  So u vote who?

I vote according to my conscience.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(27-05-2024, 01:35 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Some went marathon n died suddenly

The only guarantee from exercising is that our body will be in a far greater shape when we pass away.

(27-05-2024, 01:29 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Not walking at all is deadlier i.e. no exercise.
Walk slowly or moderately is fine. Dun do them in HIIT style.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-05-2024, 01:40 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The only guarantee from exercising is that our body will be in a far greater shape when we pass away.

After cremated all is dust to dust

☝️

Retired Malaysian national footballer Serbegeth Singh was a fitness buff who suffered a heart attack at 61 while cycling

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-12-at-22.10.49.png?fi...1062&ssl=1]

(27-05-2024, 01:40 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Walk slowly or moderately is fine. Dun do them in HIIT style. 

My friend decided to get back in shape by hitting the gym and was hooked to working out in no time. He suffered a cardiac arrest recently. Stay away from HIIT or risk getting HIT by a heart attack. RIP my dear buddy.  

(27-05-2024, 01:45 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My friend decided to get back in shape by hitting the gym and was hooked to working out in no time. He suffered a cardiac arrest recently. Stay away from HIIT or risk getting HIT by a heart attack. RIP my dear buddy.  

Fast or eat less meals safer

☝️

Excess deaths blamed on "climate change" and "underlying conditions" lololololol... Tongue

The real cause ish promoted 9696 lololololol... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

(28-05-2024, 01:12 AM)Geneco Wrote:  Excess deaths blamed on "climate change" and "underlying conditions" lololololol.  The real cause ish promoted 9696 lololololol.

It appears that hardly anybody dies from the Covid-19 vaccination. Either climate change, underlying conditions, genes, too much unhealthy food, or excessive exercise is to blame. 

(28-05-2024, 06:51 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It appears that hardly anybody dies from the Covid-19 vaccination. Either climate change, underlying conditions, genes, too much unhealthy food, or excessive exercise is to blame. 
Need some advice on why "experts" are still not GPGT their latest mRNA jabs since evil and dangerous covid  "causes" excess deaths lolololol... Tongue

Till today still want to let covid spread and let elderlies die? Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

(28-05-2024, 10:17 AM)Geneco Wrote:  Need some advice on why "experts" are still not GPGT their latest mRNA jabs since evil and dangerous covid  "causes" excess deaths lolololol.
Till today still want to let covid spread and let elderlies die? 

To the Govt, S'poreans are expendable

[Image: 91zSOPqtunL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg]