Commentary: How did the Singaporean CEO of TikTok do in Washington?

How did the Singaporean CEO of TikTok fare in Washington? Chew Shou Zi gets full marks for grace under pressure, but his performance was a missed opportunity for TikTok, says an NTU lecturer. Read the commentary:

https://cna.asia/3JNBgqF

In my opinion, this Mr Nice Man did extremely well in front of that big group of pirates, gangsters and beasts!  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

He did okay, but could have been more direct. By elaborating his answers, he could come across as evasive and also provided more bullets for the old fogeys to shoot him with. Those boomers don't get it anyway.

The agenda was already set and cast in stone, the writer still expects him to persuade and gain the trust of those monkeys? Too naive
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(27-03-2023, 03:00 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  The agenda was already set and cast in stone, the writer still expects him to persuade and gain the trust of those monkeys? Too naive

They expect a lamb to reason out with a bunch of wolves!  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

https://youtu.be/wCw3XARVpKw

Too much in grace and little in substance. He should have just shoot and rebut strongly the congressmen. After all he has China behind him and also he won't be able to convince them.

(27-03-2023, 03:05 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  They expect a lamb to reason out with a bunch of wolves!  Rotfl

Yalo. Can defend tiktok and yet expose the uselessness of those monkeys that's already excellent

As I had said, he is not Mark Suckyourbird, who is the FOUNDER of FB

Mark has a heavy stake if FB gets banned

But any MBA-graduate running any company as a CEO only has so much at stake and he obviously takes instructions from his paymasters

Nothing he could do except dont screw up and keep saying he is a Sinkie, not a Chinese, that's all and hope they get frightened by his nationality

If he had said he is an American, maybe the verdict would be different

By the way, from my experience, they will not ban TT

TT is NOT Huawei, it poses no security risk, data or no data, just empty threats

It does not serve them well to ban TT and they hv everything to lose to their own American Tiktokers by doing so

Performance wise, I would say he did so-so and as the cybersecurity as well as the compliance head as well besides the bottomline of TT in America, he did not far that well when asked about the security of the data so on and so forth

He could and should explode their brains with dense knowledge of security so much so they will not dare to ask stewpig or silly questions if they do not understand his technical hardcore explanations, but instead he told them he has to defer to the technical engineers to answer those questions

This is to me, was the LOST OPPORTUNITY

You see, in the land of the blind, he is the one-eyed man and he is THE KING

(27-03-2023, 02:42 PM)starbugs Wrote:  He did okay, but could have been more direct. By elaborating his answers, he could come across as evasive and also provided more bullets for the old fogeys to shoot him with. Those boomers don't get it anyway.

Having watched the video clip, I think Chew did pretty well, but he was often interrupted when giving his answers, very unfair for the congressmen to cut him off so abruptly...... Big Grin

to prove the CEO is trueful and right

the CEO SHOULD SELL AWAY TIKTOK and the company will stay afloat in another name

that is what good CEO will do

(27-03-2023, 03:31 PM)debono Wrote:  Having watched the video clip, I think Chew did pretty well, but he was often interrupted when giving his answers, very unfair for the congressmen to cut him off so abruptly...... Big Grin

They only wanted him to answer YES or NO nia lah. Rotfl
Those clowns think they set rules for the world.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(27-03-2023, 03:32 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  to prove the CEO is trueful and right

the CEO SHOULD SELL AWAY TIKTOK and the company will stay afloat in another name

that is what good CEO will do

As a CEO of TikTok, Mr Chew is entitled to a certain number of shares, and this could work out to a few million dollars, how can he forfeit that..................... Big Grin

(27-03-2023, 03:39 PM)debono Wrote:  As a CEO of TikTok, Mr Chew is entitled to a certain number of shares, and this could work out to a few million dollars, how can he forfeit that..................... Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

the premise is to shoot down, even if he can talk till bird come down to his hand also no used.
just let it be. at least he has proven that he has courage to face up to pressure.
think he actually did quite well for that.