Confronting Singapore's need for foreign manpower and talent, amid its

The Big Read: Confronting Singapore's need for foreign manpower and talent, amid its ageing and shrinking workforce https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ad-4396461

This is a National Joke. The Govt has been allowing wants of FTs and not “need” due to the absence of clear structure. I do not recall any reports on FTs being rejected in the application annually for the past decade.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(10-06-2024, 06:22 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  This is a National Joke. The Govt has been allowing wants of FTs and not “need” due to the absence of clear structure.  I do not recall any reports on FTs being rejected in the application annually for the past decade.

It's not a National Joke. It's a National Emergency.

We are aged.

PG...checked 
MG... checked
GenX... checked 

GenY...many singles 
GenZ...shrunk in numbers.

Not enough Gen Z to replace the first three. Result? Workforce manpower shortage in all sectors, including even the civil service.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Who said above 60 or 70 years old cannot continue to work? PAP?

Or it is PAP cannot create enough jobs so must displace us when we are 50s or 60s years- old?

There are many pilots, doctors, bankers, teachers, principal engineers . . . who transit into Training of the young

And there are many jobs that the GEN X can continue doing in their career ie Finance, Banking Settlements, HR, Airport Ticketing, Pharmacists, Air Stewards, trading of good or commodities . . .

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Just look at how elections are lost in Europe right now and it boils down to overwhelming immigration.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Ageing does not mean folks can't work.

The MIW pundeks just want to import more CECAS PTOOI!
[+] 2 users Like aiptasia's post

Spore participation rate has declined despite higher PRs and retirement age.

Learn from Modi election upset. Jobs are not there despite GDP numbers.
Money goes to small pool of people.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(10-06-2024, 06:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It's not a National Joke. It's a National Emergency.

We are aged.

PG...checked 
MG... checked
GenX... checked 

GenY...many singles 
GenZ...shrunk in numbers.

Not enough Gen Z to replace the first three. Result? Workforce manpower shortage in all sectors, including even the civil service.
Shut the fug up, you CCB CECA pundek!

Self declare that you are 80 years old - what the fug do you know about the job market?
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

Why PAP refuse to let those in their 50s and 60s continue working in the job/ profession?

Why must PAP always want Millennials and FTs to replace them??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(10-06-2024, 08:00 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Ageing does not mean folks can't work.

The MIW pundeks just want to import more CECAS PTOOI!

This, I fully agree. Why import FTs when they are not needed? Stop moving on and leaving us behind. It has been more than a decade.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

ft is needed to help grow economy . the premise must be for the benefits of singaporean jobs.
so need to be more focus on who is granted permit. not a blanket one with higher and higher tax.
study each company request to see how many singapore desire jobs it create. not grant one coverall to coffeshop owner who then sell it to stall holders to make money.
also many indian company who took local contract why they can so many indian quota working here. did they used the local working at low level jobs to account for the higher pay jobs? all these need to look at. who got quota nad sellign them for a profit needs to be investigated. indian national who interview with objective of not giving jobs to singaporean so can say no qualify so got to get quota for indian.

same to other country national , burmese, pinoy , prc balance them so they remain minority in each work location.
no see so many fw on road. so many they start press green man button to cross here and there . klkk cause problems to drivers.

Like it or not it's too late to turn back.the whole economy has grown so dependent on foreign influx it's like a addict you take away the withdrawal pain is unbearable. Imagine property price decline, business decline and overall economic decline.

There is no other road to take already.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.