FTX ; Why Temasek claim of 8 months due diligence cannot be trusted

Within a few days of taking over the new FTX CEO said this:

[Image: 3nZuK5m.jpg]

If there is no reliable financials and controls how is it Teamsek can do 8 months of due diligence and conclude the company is sound.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 5 users Like sgbuffett's post

First principles of investing: 

As Wall Street Journal columnist Jason Zweig writes: “SBF may be at the center of what went wrong, but he didn’t act alone. Behind him lies a vast ecosystem of fantasy and fakery. It’s called the investing business.”

In the case of FTX, the finest investors failed to do due diligence on the operation that FTX was running.
[+] 3 users Like Scythian's post

Is the meow meow smelly? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(24-11-2022, 07:43 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  Maybe it's 8 months of Undertable $?

A total cover-up

Temasek BS
[+] 2 users Like Scythian's post

(24-11-2022, 07:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Within a few days of taking over the new FTX CEO said this:

If there is no reliable financials and controls how is it Teamsek can do 8 months of due diligence and conclude the company is sound.

8 months of wine and dine...Temasic ceca (Agrawal) with FTX ceca (Ramnik Arora) nudie
[+] 1 user Likes SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

Temasek although supposedly a respected and revered SWF, think ish playing masak masak with our money.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(24-11-2022, 07:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Within a few days of taking over the new FTX CEO said this:

They just see and monitor immature reports

by Constance Wang

and say it is sound?

Big Grin

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Bro. you are right to say so..........

1720m vs 275m losses as stated by Temasek.

Who is telling the truth ?

[Image: Fh-F4s0h-VEAErpx-Y-1.jpg]

Smile
[+] 2 users Like Niubee's post

Knowing how those guys work, their 8 months of due diligence is probably spent a few days talking to the CEO (of FTX), a few days surf net find out about the company and the rest of the time write memo to their bosses to get approval for the funding.

https://www.cryptobahamas.com/speakers/constance-wang

FTX COO Constance Wang is sinkie meimei from NUS Big Grin

Greed was the first consideration when Temasek decided to 'invest' in crypto. They have seen many who went in with a pittance but emerged with billions.
As a custodian of its citizens money what were they thinking when they decided to enter the arena of absolute unknown?
Why didn't they put our money in more stable blue chips?

𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬
[+] 2 users Like Dan's post

i find it unacceptable for TH to handle our money so lightly. No accountability and no one of the upper management come out to address this issues. All sleeping at work is it. why we put trust in them, and yet the results is this. Why we need to work till so old age and cannot cash out our cpf for our retirement. And yet they can lost so much fund for their stupidity. So why vote for these useless man on top who are not capable enough to guild us further. Vote wisely i must say.

(24-11-2022, 08:11 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Temasek although supposedly a respected and revered SWF, think ish playing masak masak with our money.

I concur with your findings.............you have hit the nail on the head...... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(24-11-2022, 12:03 PM)debono Wrote:  I concur with your findings.............you have hit the nail on the head...... Clapping

Yes Sir  Clapping

Sounds like their investment analysis and due diligence departments are made up of only one person:

Loong Loong’s husband.

Zero to 8 months

(24-11-2022, 11:29 AM)Dan Wrote:  Greed was the first consideration when Temasek decided to 'invest' in crypto. They have seen many who went in with a pittance but emerged with billions.
As a custodian of its citizens money what were they thinking when they decided to enter the arena of absolute unknown?
Why didn't they put our money in more stable blue chips?

𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬
Well said................... Clapping

The PAP initiated prolonged  investigations into Aljunied Town Council to  funds. They didn't find much in spite of the effort.

But it is refusing to look into these  losses in Temasek despite the obvious red flags....and concerns of the citizens.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(25-11-2022, 02:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The PAP initiated prolonged ok investigations into Aljunied Town Council to  funds. They didn't find much in spite ok f the effort.

But it is refusing to look into these  losses in Temasek despite the obvious red flags....and concerns of the citizens.

Behaving like school children.

A bunch of idiots

(25-11-2022, 02:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The PAP initiated prolonged ok investigations into Aljunied Town Council to  funds. They didn't find much in spite ok f the effort.

Singapore do not take sides

Singapore based on Principles

Mdm Ho who is the former Chief Executive Officer of the Singapore sovereign wealth fund for more than 18 years, wrote, “A loss is a loss, and always painful”.

She added, “A loss in what may turn out to be a badly managed company without adult supervision is egg on our face.”

“I am glad that Temasek has made a clear decision to write down this investment to zero.

(25-11-2022, 02:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The PAP initiated prolonged  investigations into Aljunied Town Council to  funds. They didn't find much in spite of the effort.

You dare offend the empress dowager? She will lop off your family jewels ahhh Laughing

investment has risk. not all investment yield good results. some will go like this ftx where people behind cheated one.

most investment managers will at one point in their life be hit by losses and once a blue moon a wild one.
does one stop investment? i think the key is overall risk management. of the one big losses if the rest average with a few big gain. net net is still gain. time to also review the cost structure. too high reward for paying managers an executive well hurt the return. in view of the bad investment. all bonus must be cancelled for current fy and curb in the next few fy until a big gain neutralise the lost. beware of big performance managers. at times they are force into making big wager at investors money cause they need to perform. not only bonus. no return no job also. hope they can neutralise the lost with other many small gains.
if not our pocket all hurt.