US should 'stay very far away' from physically confronting China over TW: Ng Eng Hen

Aqil Haziq Mahmud

04 Nov 2021 09:37AM
(Updated: 04 Nov 2021 10:12AM)

"Taiwan goes to the heart of the political legitimacy of the leader, of the party and it's a deep red line. I can think of no scenario (in) which there are winners if there is actual physical confrontation over Taiwan," Dr Ng said.

Speaking to reporters after his speech on Thursday, Dr Ng reiterated that "all sides lose" if there is physical confrontation over Taiwan.

"Not only US and China. Southeast Asia will be in turmoil, I think the rest of the world too," he said.

Beyond the issue of Taiwan, Dr Ng said the US' current "preoccupation with China is at a heightened level" not seen in his decade as defence minister.

"So to Singapore and the ASEAN countries, my Prime Minister has said none of the countries want to choose (between US and China)," he said.

"Why should I choose? Both have benefitted me and there is a strategic rivalry. Can this strategic rivalry continue with me continuing to still benefit from both countries?"

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...en-2290256
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

Need to confront  China?
Under water olady.
suffering olady.
The flying here and there choHi.
u can't even Bom 3 gorges dam without consequence
Fukushima 3 olady laosai.
China 24.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

stay far far away and bom 3gd? that's a gd idea

Think abt it.
China production ENGINE of the world
now on coal standard
CAN?
keep in mind that 24 nuclear plants now STOP.

China will soon place America as enemy state. Pushing them out Asia

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

I hope SG politicians will just shut up and stop giving advice on Taiwan.

I can also think of no scenario in which there are winners if SG politicians talk about Taiwan.

Yup Taiwan tan sie liao lmao
[+] 1 user Likes Fleetdestroyer's post

(04-11-2021, 08:53 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I hope SG politicians will just shut up and stop giving advice on Taiwan.

I can also think of no scenario in which there are winners if SG politicians talk about Taiwan.

Well said, we as a little red dot better don't interfere on this touchy issue.... Clapping

(04-11-2021, 08:53 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I hope SG politicians will just shut up and stop giving advice on Taiwan.

You mean they shall not cook pork soup to comfort our Uncle or what?

They have to. If Taiwan is in South America or Africa, I think they can afford to shut up. But Taiwan is too close. They have to try to avoid disaster to South East Asia especially if USA is successful in instigating China into physical action. Don't think they can do much though besides trying to talk some sense into USA.

(05-11-2021, 05:54 AM)Levin Wrote:  They have to. If Taiwan is in South America or Africa, I think they can afford to shut up. But Taiwan is too close. They have to try to avoid disaster to South East Asia especially if USA is successful in instigating China into physical action. Don't think they can do much though besides trying to talk some sense into USA.

I hope US will not be ready for war with China over Taiwan..... Big Grin

Very creative language, physical confrontation!

The situation is funny funny
Ships packed with goods unabled to unload
Singapore is the highest now at 72 uncle 70
China that for practical saying send the goods for Dola.
Now on coal loco sells coal spot.
How to continue selling goods packed on ships.
They want the mony velocity increase for asset inflation
Do we have the mony to chase the contricted goods supply?