Credit/ Debit Card: Dispute Transaction

How do I lodge a dispute with my card-issuing bank?

You may call our 24-hour Customer Service Centre at 1800 111 1111 to register your dispute.

Cannot write to them?

Now, the statements are mostly online. Never check sure die. No OTP. Point-of-Sales.

(25-04-2023, 04:16 PM)theold Wrote:  How do I lodge a dispute with my card-issuing bank?

You may call our 24-hour Customer Service Centre at 1800 111 1111 to register your dispute.

Cannot write to them?

It's faster to call

(25-04-2023, 04:20 PM)winbig Wrote:  It's faster to call

Someone called. They said they would investigate but no reply after a few days. Cancelled the card.

Black and white is easier.

(25-04-2023, 04:20 PM)winbig Wrote:  It's faster to call

But it is usually an engage tone, and one had to wait until a customer relation officer is free to talk to you.  Therefore if can e-mail to them will be a faster and surer way to communicate with them................ Big Grin

(25-04-2023, 04:22 PM)theold Wrote:  Someone called. They said they would investigate but no reply after a few days. Cancelled the card.

Black and white is easier.

Usually, u can check online for any action taken by the bank from your online statement don't have to wait for them to call back.

This type is happily deducted from the debit card without OTP.

(25-04-2023, 04:22 PM)debono Wrote:  But it is usually an engage tone, and one had to wait until a customer relation officer is free to talk to you.  Therefore if can e-mail to them will be a faster and surer way to communicate with them................ Big Grin

If the transaction is due to fraud, the phone will direct u straight away to the customer service officer. What you've described is in the past. They've changed already. U can try calling

I use a trust card, and so far, had not seen the statement before. Actually, recently did not see the online statements from the banks.

(25-04-2023, 04:29 PM)theold Wrote:  I use a trust card, and so far, had not seen the statement before. Actually, recently did not see the online statements from the banks.

The phone number u wrote 1800 111 1111 I think is DBS hotline? Not trust bank.

(25-04-2023, 04:33 PM)winbig Wrote:  The phone number u wrote 1800 111 1111 I think is DBS hotline? Not trust bank.

The card is DBS one lor. No OTP. Use for Bitcoin-related purchase under Point-Of-Sales. Maybe a low value which is why no OTP. The record showed in the online statement.

(25-04-2023, 04:25 PM)winbig Wrote:  If the transaction is due to fraud, the phone will direct u straight away to the customer service officer. What you've described is in the past. They've changed already. U can try calling

Perhaps you are right, these days it may be easier to reach the Customer Service Officer, in case there is a fraud or scam.............. Big Grin

Hope those online food companies have control over the customers' details.

(25-04-2023, 04:45 PM)theold Wrote:  Hope those online food companies have control over the customers' details.
Online purchases is not going to be safe now. Websites if not well protected by firewalls can be easily hacked. Credit cards details with CVC no. can be stolen. Even Govt websites also got hacked recently. Scammers wil soon target such websites.

(25-04-2023, 07:11 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Online purchases is not going to be safe now. Websites if not well protected by firewalls can be easily hacked. Credit cards details with CVC no. can be stolen. Even Govt websites also got hacked recently. Scammers wil soon target such websites.

The issue is why there is no OTP sent. MAS should enact the regulation that an OTP must accompany each payment.

(25-04-2023, 07:11 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Online purchases is not going to be safe now. Websites if not well protected by firewalls can be easily hacked. Credit cards details with CVC no. can be stolen. Even Govt websites also got hacked recently. Scammers wil soon target such websites.

Scammers are so smart these days, can get credit card detail on line and CVC no. can be stolen............. Big Grin

(25-04-2023, 07:59 PM)debono Wrote:  Scammers are so smart these days, can get credit card detail on line and CVC no. can be stolen............. Big Grin

Usually, it is done by insiders, just like the leaker in the US.

(25-04-2023, 04:16 PM)theold Wrote:  How do I lodge a dispute with my card-issuing bank?

Cannot write to them?

You don’t have their bank app meh?
Can write to them through your bank app.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Example.

[Image: IMG-5636.png]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Thanks!

Just saw my e-statement. Going to cancel all those monthly deductions that are not necessary today. No physical statements, I also don’t know. 

There are still others, credit cards.

Also saw the annual fee 4 months ago.

(25-04-2023, 04:22 PM)debono Wrote:  But it is usually an engage tone, and one had to wait until a customer relation officer is free to talk to you.  Therefore if can e-mail to them will be a faster and surer way to communicate with them................ Big Grin

nowaday banks don't give email address.

Have to search around for the e-statement else it leads you to the carbon footprints page.

remember this : CASH is king.

so forget about using c c and no need to worry about ppl using your C C.

Safest is put in milo tin or under mattress. Can sleep well.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

what you are trying to do..pay Mei Mei with credit card again LOL- just kidding

Just call DBS , tell them you are Singaporea NRIC ,theywill ask you go to their web page and do your enquiries lah....very simple ABC..

Phone, Choose 7 is faster. Scam victim.

If use the rest, goodbye. SMS you to access their DBS/ POSB website. The fee waiver cannot use phone any more mei?

They should delete the message below from their website. Sent a message to access their website. Then Goodbye.

Now must use their online Digitbot.

Phone Banking
Dial 1800 111 1111 (from Singapore) or (+65) 6327 2265 (from Overseas).
For the English menu, press 1. For the Mandarin menu, press 2.

Hold on the line until you are prompted to enter your NRIC / Debit Card no. / Credit Card no. or Phone Banking User ID.

Enter your Phone Banking PIN, or press 1 if you wish to continue to be authenticated by SMS OTP on your registered mobile number instead. If you don’t have a Phone Banking PIN, you will automatically be offered to be authenticated by SMS OTP.

Press 1 if you were authenticated by SMS OTP, or Press 2 if you were authenticated by Phone Banking, for Fee Waiver Request.

Press 1 for Credit Card Fee Waiver or Press 2 for Cashline Fee Waiver.

*Bank will review your waiver eligibility and an email/SMS will be sent to you as per your registered bank record within 3 working days.

(26-04-2023, 07:11 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Safest is put in milo tin or under mattress.  Can sleep well.

you also like me put cash in milo tin and hide under bed ?

We are glad to inform you that your annual fee waiver request for card ending with xxx is successful.

UOB still allows for the phone call.

(26-04-2023, 08:19 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  you also like me put cash in milo tin and hide under bed ?

Shhhh!!! Dowan other people rob us leh  Sleepy

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin