Credit Suisse to borrow 7.1 trillion yen from central bank

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Swiss financial giant Credit Suisse announced on Thursday that it will borrow up to 50 billion Swiss francs (about 7.1 trillion yen) from the Swiss National Bank (central bank). “We will take decisive action to preemptively strengthen liquidity,” he explained.

https://www.jiji.com/jc/article?k=2023031600588&g=int&utm_source=top&utm_medium=topics&utm_campaign=edit

The numbers are all getting ridiculous these days...

The market cap is $7B only
It is borrowing 50B....7 times its market cap.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(16-03-2023, 10:46 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The market cap is $7B only
It is borrowing 50B....7 times its market cap.

U measure the Bank's assets etc by market cap?  So u think they r borrowing to save its market price? Anyway, shortists will get squeezed.

Unlimited backstop. Huat ah.

Those with deposits at credit Suisse should just withdraw them asap, while the Swiss National Bank is still willing to help.

(16-03-2023, 01:43 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Those with deposits at credit Suisse should just withdraw them asap, while the Swiss National Bank is still willing to help.

I doubt the bank allows.

Credit Suisse is one of 30 banks globally deemed too big to fail  Rotfl

Market cap : US$ 6.78B

Borrow from central Bank : US$ 54 B

Huat ah!  Rotfl

Maybe 50B Swiss francs is not that much in their business. Quote:
”Credit Suisse saw customer withdrawals of more than 110 billion Swiss francs in the fourth quarter, as a string of scandals, legacy risk and compliance failures continued to plague it.”

(16-03-2023, 02:22 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Maybe 50B Swiss francs is not that much in their business. Quote:
”Credit Suisse saw customer withdrawals of more than 110 billion Swiss francs in the fourth quarter, as a string of scandals, legacy risk and compliance failures continued to plague it.”

Already withdrawn liao!

Swiss Banks like Credit Suisse have been destroyed since they decided to forgo their promise to keep customer's info confidential and to be neutral!

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/sw...ian-assets

https://www.ft.com/content/409d9fc1-7259...6fa25a00a4

[Image: Screenshot-20230316-144210-com-android-c...956756.jpg]

USD54B is 'won't die' in hokkien.

Swiss garment still has tons of gold that Hitler buried under the Alps.

(16-03-2023, 03:24 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Swiss garment still has tons of gold that Hitler buried under the Alps.

Is that a fact or just some speculation.................. Big Grin

(16-03-2023, 03:42 PM)debono Wrote:  Is that a fact or just some speculation.................. Big Grin

It’s a fact.

[Image: D7-FE31-FF-F69-E-4-E6-F-8796-A7-E606-D0-B02-C.png]

third son of adam and eve crossword