Cut down eating out to reduce expenses...

(25-03-2023, 11:12 PM)debono Wrote:  If we have one person or even two persons who needs to eat their lunch or dinner, it is more economical to eat out (Hawker Centres) than to cook by themselves............. Big Grin

OMG!
World famous, Singapore Govt is very rich and wealthy yet, it becomes a double edge sword.

Slowing $$$ in circulation and your analogy will not create billionaires

Are we already in the eye of a storm, bro?

(25-03-2023, 02:37 PM)Ola Wrote:  There are 5 Good Reasons Not to eat out:

1) Average citizens have 30% lower salary than Non- Citizens
    Since we cannot earn more so the only way is to save more

Contributing a whole lifetime for a country to retain world's No. 1 in everything.

And yet, average Singaporeans were left hungry.

Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel?

(25-03-2023, 04:40 PM)A2Z Wrote:  MOM demands maids to hv own room to sleep. Really out of touch with reality with shoebox sized flats.

Similar policy copied from those living in Timbuktu ..

(25-03-2023, 03:14 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Too much Ajinomoto,bad oil,unhygienic
Roach,rats,ants as friends
better cook your own food 🥘
Correct public education, bro.

Seafood like lobsters and abalone are toxic.

Causing High blood pressure and cholesterol which bad for your health.

Eating home cook plain porridge with black soya sauce daily is more healthy for a family of 4.

(25-03-2023, 02:31 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Whenever you eat out you are not just paying for food but rental of store, foreign workers, foreign worker levy taxes etc.

A very simple illustration. If you buy a bottle.of instant coffee powder  and make one cup it costs 20cts. You go out to drink this coffee it is $1.40...that us a700% escalation.

Recently i have been cooking bak kit teh at home I am just surprised how.simple. just buy the base from NTUC or sheng siong throw in the pork rib and that's it. Costs $1+ per bowl.vs $5 eating out. Save many of these $4.nad one day you will be able to retire and not die working.

Even if eat out you can bring your own plain water instead of drinking sprite or other soft drinks...the cost of filling up one bottle of tap water is 1cts ...instead of paying $1.30 for diabetes causing soft drinks.

I used to make my own bread it was less than 30cts per loaf. It takes some effort but we'll worth it.

Old habits die hard. One way to change is to do it over time. Keep a calender tracking how often you eat out every week and try to reduce the frequency.

There is no point blaming CPF or govt if we can't retire. The chabge has to start with us to cut spending and save for retirement.
Summing up with one word "pathetic"

Then, it's far better and more enjoyable to live in a small fishing village.

Eating life groupas and fresh prawns almost everyday than surviving on a shoestring.

. Pitiful

How to defend those rich and wealthy billionaires with an army starving on a tiny NS allowance?

For the same reason, young Russians abandoning NS.

(25-03-2023, 02:31 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Whenever you eat out you are not just paying for food but rental of store, foreign workers, foreign worker levy taxes etc.

A very simple illustration. If you buy a bottle.of instant coffee powder  and make one cup it costs 20cts. You go out to drink this coffee it is $1.40...that us a700% escalation.

Recently i have been cooking bak kit teh at home I am just surprised how.simple. just buy the base from NTUC or sheng siong throw in the pork rib and that's it. Costs $1+ per bowl.vs $5 eating out. Save many of these $4.nad one day you will be able to retire and not die working.

Even if eat out you can bring your own plain water instead of drinking sprite or other soft drinks...the cost of filling up one bottle of tap water is 1cts ...instead of paying $1.30 for diabetes causing soft drinks.

I used to make my own bread it was less than 30cts per loaf. It takes some effort but we'll worth it.

Old habits die hard. One way to change is to do it over time. Keep a calender tracking how often you eat out every week and try to reduce the frequency.

There is no point blaming CPF or govt if we can't retire. The chabge has to start with us to cut spending and save for retirement.

The Lord's prayer.
So on earth is " NOT " as it's in heaven anymore.

But God did not create human to live to suffer.

How about those 480,000 aged 65 and above living on monthly CPF payout of $350?

(26-03-2023, 02:05 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Knowingly cannot afford, Singaporeans can bring family and kids to watch foreigners enjoying lobsters and abalone ..

Similarly cannot afford high electricity bills, can weekend window shopping to enjoy aircon.

All for free

Don't think they cannot afford .. just that have to watch out for cash out flow. In the long run money saved can be used for many other meaningful rhinga orher than eat

Is this how most people live in Singapore, an advanced first world country?

Encouraged to drink more recycled sewage water.

Berzerk!!!

(26-03-2023, 03:59 AM)happyharvest Wrote:  Don't think they cannot afford .. just that have to watch out for cash out flow. In the long run money saved can be used for many other meaningful rhinga orher than eat
How can they afford?

Since a carefully thought CPF pension system accumulated over a lifetime cannot generate returns to support present pensioners aged 65 and above then, what's there for future generations?

Is this faulty or Ponzi scheme?

(26-03-2023, 04:21 AM)Scythian Wrote:  How can they afford?

Since a carefully thought CPF pension system accumulated over a lifetime cannot generate returns to support present pensioners aged 65 and above then, what's there for future generations?

Is this faulty or Ponzi scheme?

no doubt about it. CPF pension system including asset enhancement system is like a ponzi scheme disguised as a legit system 

I meant for a few meals they can afford it but over many meals need to plan carefully lo

.Do we need to spend so.much $ in defence?

"In 2023, defence budget of SGD17. 98 billion (USD13. 4 billion). The figure is a 10% increase over the original budget for 2022 and a 5.6% increase over the revised allocation of SGD17."

While todays high cost of living leaving most pensioners suffering in pain

Slowing $$$ in circulation and suggesting stringent selection will plunge Singapore further into deeper recession.

Rather than stimulate the economy, there is No economic contribution with so much.money being tied down in expensive cars and multi millions $ properties.

Will our multi millions $$$ PM and his ministers agree and support your proposal?

Can curious common citizens allowed to ask what they normally eating for lunch and dinner and how they spending their.money?

One thing for sure you can’t avoid not eating outside.

Is the meow meow smelly?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-03-2023, 06:28 PM)Dan Wrote:  You brought your kitchen to your office? I am still looking for a cheap & reliable mover

My ex - colleague lives on top of NTUC which was located at his void deck. He told me his refrig in the house is often empty.

have u finish eating all the can food u vought

3) Health/ Allergen reasons
Some people cannot eat too much carbo, others too oily, others spicy, nuts . . .

So eating at home ensure you know what you are eating

And customised for your own body

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

3) Is eating out really fast?

Instant noodles takes only 3 mins.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?