Saudi Arabia offers MNC Regional HQ tax free to challenge Singapore 17% tax.

..Saudi Arabia offers MNC Regional HQ tax free to challenge Singapore 17% Corporate Tax.

"On 5 December 2023, the Government of Saudi Arabia offered a 30-year tax exemption package for foreign companies establishing their regional headquarters (RHQ) in Saudi Arabia. The incentive is a key part of its campaign to attract multinational enterprises (MNEs) to bring international investment to the Kingdom."

(03-02-2024, 12:14 AM)Scythian Wrote:  ..Saudi Arabia offers MNC Regional HQ tax free to challenge Singapore 17% Corporate Tax.

"On 5 December 2023, the Government of Saudi Arabia offered a 30-year tax exemption package for foreign companies establishing their regional headquarters (RHQ) in Saudi Arabia. The incentive is a key part of its campaign to attract multinational enterprises (MNEs) to bring international investment to the Kingdom."

Singaporeans be prepared to start eating grass..

Like 🐎

Traitor will eat glass...

Smile

I thought USA made a rule that all countries to tax at 17% or something? Lol

(03-02-2024, 01:26 AM)Sticw Wrote:  I thought USA made a rule that all countries to tax at 17% or something? Lol

Ex President Trump promised to lowered US corporate tax rate to 15%

Below Singapore @ 17%

(03-02-2024, 01:25 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Traitor will eat glass...

You are thinking of David Copperfield

The region that these RHQs cover has to be pretty big to affect Singapore, like covering whole Asia.

Too far away.

If it is HK, Shanghai, Tokyo or somewhere even closer like Bangkok, Jakarta or KL then the impact will be huge.

I think even Saudi Arabia offers the MNCs gold bars to move their regional HQs there, very few will be attracted because of the hostile heat and Islamic restrictions on entertainments. Very few top executives would want to work there with their families. The offers pose no threat to Singapore.      Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(03-02-2024, 05:49 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think even Saudi Arabia offers the MNCs gold bars to move their regional HQs there, very few will be attracted because of the hostile heat and Islamic restrictions on entertainments. Very few top executives would want to work there with their families. The offers pose no threat to Singapore.      Rolleyes

Entertainment is real bad there, at least back in the 2000s. I had to cross the border to Bahrain for entertainment.

Table turned against SIngapore

Nothing left in the sleeve

(03-02-2024, 05:49 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think even Saudi Arabia offers the MNCs gold bars to move their regional HQs there, very few will be attracted because of the hostile heat and Islamic restrictions on entertainments. Very few top executives would want to work there with their families. The offers pose no threat to Singapore.      Rolleyes
Yes. You have a very good point here. A small dot with a big world of us 😁😄😃😀🤑🤭

(03-02-2024, 01:25 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Traitor will eat glass...

Maybe Govt can pay MNCs to stay in Singapore

"Relocating to Saudi Arabia: Challenges, Opportunities, and Tax Incentives for Companies | Relocate MENA"
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/relocatin...ate%20MENA

Saudi Corporate tax Zero vs 17%

competition is not only about price. in this case tax rate. it is about total package.
do one go after the investment. you want people investment need to make them feel good, focus of attention and important. to give investors what they need to gain profit etc.

(08-02-2024, 07:39 AM)sclim Wrote:  competition is not only about price. in this case tax rate. it is about total package.
do one go after the investment. you want people investment need to make them feel good, focus of attention and important. to give investors what they need to gain profit etc.

Probably, the world's Top 100 Banks, Financial Institutions and Wealth management are both in Singapore and Riyadh too..

So, advantage of Zero corporate tax for next 30 years beats Singapore hands down

MNCs dont plant their HQ based solely on tax only lah.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin