DBS soon no more SMS OTP

what the FOOk is wrong with these banks...

do they ever listen to feedback?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(07-09-2023, 02:49 PM)wendychan Wrote:  what the FOOk is wrong with these banks...

Follow apple style. 
Only implement app or features that they think users need them. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I think due to OCBC past security incidents, SMS is easily spoofed by scammers and then you see already you tap. But if it is all words no links to tap why also don't use hmmmm

So what do you want?

What feedback they didn't listen?

Illegal transactions via our phone due to malware is more pressing. So far, has the Govt set any process to convict them under International Law?

safe guard customers is their priority.

bring back the token
do not do away with SMS OTP

now app and token on same phone

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

If the user believe the scammer, he\she will still give the token pin to the scammer.

The real key here is to get the social media platforms to stop allowing fake ads and pop-up from circulation. FB and Google should be fined like they had, by EU.

They are making billions without any social responsibility to the countries they messed up.
[+] 2 users Like Alice Alicia's post

Otp or token if u are born stupid also can be scammed

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(07-09-2023, 02:49 PM)wendychan Wrote:  what the FOOk is wrong with these banks...

then how ?

if i order online and need OTP then how ?..............last time use email okay what.........

I think stopping SMS OTP was mandated by MAS. Too easy to spoof or intercept.

(07-09-2023, 08:51 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I think stopping SMS OTP was mandated by MAS. Too easy to spoof or intercept.

so no more OTP .................or delivered using email ? or what ?

using physical token ppl kpkb say very mafan go anywhere must carry it; using app OTP ppl also kpkb say can easily kena scammed.

what your want the bank do ?

(08-09-2023, 09:49 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so no more OTP .................or delivered using email ? or what ?

From 17 Sep they will use push notifications sent to your digi app. Then you just open the notification instead of remembering the OTP and then typing it within 15 seconds. Much better what. The only thing every one using card payment must have a digibank app to receive push notifications. Song boh?    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(08-09-2023, 10:12 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  From 17 Sep they will use push notifications sent to your digi app. Then you just open the notification instead of remembering the OTP and then typing it within 15 seconds. Much better what. The only thing every one using card payment must have a digibank app to receive push notifications. Song boh?    Big Grin

What if no internet when M1 screw up with dead spots.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

So far using digital token seems ok. Let them try for a while

No data connection die lo.

(08-09-2023, 10:22 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  What if no internet when M1 screw up with dead spots.

Like that DBS will say that's not my problem. Song bo? ..... Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Priority should be to prevent scams

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Singpass still using OTP, means what? They are behind times?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(08-09-2023, 10:12 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  From 17 Sep they will use push notifications sent to your digi app. Then you just open the notification instead of remembering the OTP and then typing it within 15 seconds. Much better what. The only thing every one using card payment must have a digibank app to receive push notifications. Song boh?    Big Grin

so if i have a POSB debit card that i use for online shopping...........also must use DBS digibank app ?........or use POSB app ?.... Huh

after 17 Sept 2023, cannot use SMS OTP anymore ? Huh

jialat leh..............i never download or use any banking app before....................how to get started ah ? crying

(08-09-2023, 04:50 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so if i have a POSB debit card that i use for online shopping...........also must use DBS digibank app ?........or use POSB app ?.... Huh

after 17 Sept 2023, cannot use SMS OTP anymore ? Huh

jialat leh..............i never download or use any banking app before....................how to get started ah ? crying
I suspect both can be used because I use a POSB digibank app but the  PayLah is DBS PayLah. 

Iif you dun download the app, the SMS OTP still valid. Hope this helps.   Big Grin

Carl Jung

Posb and dbs apps are almost the same. Dun worry too much for now, let them sort out whatever problems they may hv

SMS OTP not so safe. Use app for approval is safer

my bank account is with POSB but i use DBS digibank and DBS PayLah apps  Big Grin

(08-09-2023, 05:07 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I suspect both can be used because I use a POSB digibank app but the  PayLah is DBS PayLah. 

Iif you dun download the app, the SMS OTP still valid. Hope this helps.   Big Grin

many thanks, bro..............can use SMS OTP can liao lah for me...........

so if POSB account.............use POSB or DBS digibank app also can ?

(08-09-2023, 05:09 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Posb and dbs apps are almost the same. Dun worry too much for now, let them sort out whatever problems they may hv

(08-09-2023, 05:12 PM)Stoki Wrote:  SMS OTP not so safe. Use app for approval is safer

normally the SMS OTP is for online orders from Shopee, Lazada, etc............should be okay lah

(08-09-2023, 05:15 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  my bank account is with POSB but i use DBS digibank and DBS PayLah apps  Big Grin

(07-09-2023, 06:42 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  If the user believe the scammer, he\she will still give the token pin to the scammer.

The real key here is to get the social media platforms to stop allowing fake ads and pop-up from circulation. FB and Google should be fined like they had, by EU.

They are making billions without any social responsibility to the countries they messed up.

Probably FB & Google earning their advertising money from all these scammers and fake sites?

(21-09-2023, 08:02 AM)Pass-by Wrote:  Probably FB & Google earning their advertising money from all these scammers and fake sites?
Lots of insiders are in the dark which we never knows.

(08-09-2023, 10:05 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  using physical token ppl kpkb say very mafan go anywhere must carry it; using app OTP ppl also kpkb say can easily kena scammed.

what your want the bank do ?
After covid exercise, many should be used to carrying a trace device. Rotfl