DHL import custom duty

Every now and then I use dhl and I notice that dhl collects custom duty from receivers. I don't notice other delivery services asking for this. 

Anyone knows why it seems only dhl collects custom duty? Or have I mistaken it altogether?

Maybe it's the type of incoterms being selected. Depending on your selection some freight charges such as insurance are paid by sellers and some by buyers.

I kena before for my graphics  ard and a handphone.
It is held until I paid the duty. Either fed ex or DHL don't rem exactly.

Both were >$400 that's why kena.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The last time I sent something to China for less than 150 bucks, it also invited custom duty when it reach China and the receiver had to pay.

Somehow it seems to me only dhl has this custom thingy and other deliver service don't have this. Wonder why so...

(25-02-2022, 10:01 AM)Sticw Wrote:  The last time I sent something to China for less than 150 bucks, it also invited custom duty when it reach China and the receiver had to pay.

Somehow it seems to me only dhl has this custom thingy and other deliver service don't have this. Wonder why so...

Maybe next time try FedEx.

tomorrow will be a better day

I encountered the same thing with Fedex before as well.

It is not the logistics company's issue, but SG customs assessed that GST is payable based on the value of goods declared.

You may then ask why the kuching kurab couriers don't have customs duty problem...it's because they turn a blind eye to shippers that under-declare goods value. Even laptop...they help shipper declare as worth only $200 etc.

(25-02-2022, 11:06 AM)starbugs Wrote:  I encountered the same thing with Fedex before as well.

It is not the logistics company's issue, but SG customs assessed that GST is payable based on the value of goods declared.

You may then ask why the kuching kurab couriers don't have customs duty problem...it's because they turn a blind eye to shippers that under-declare goods value. Even laptop...they help shipper declare as worth only $200 etc.

I guess as well. But strange thing is that for goods that are already in SG, other than the gst, the custom duty already factored into the retail prices?