DJ monk is causing discomfort for the Buddhists

Govn better reconsider for him to perform here. It's a sensitive issue. It's seen by the Buddhists here as an insult to their teachings.

Can view as a test for Christian Lawrence Wong?
[+] 2 users Like lylcnn's post

I feel is subjective. The South Korean guy claim he using EDM electronic dance music to influence the youths into Buddhism. Just like Christian, they go peach their teachings telling others to be christians.

This is an interesting scientists have done a research on Music as Spiritual Experience

https://dc.etsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1106&context=honors

EDM aka electronic dance music , do make one feel in good vibes = positive and spiritual experience. In every religion this is one of the principal which one have to be positive on their life etc.

The venue is a Big Question mark?

https://www.facebook.com/100083241251500...1716194614&paipv=0&eav=AfYM37PRnZoNpQsHgEGqm0z6VMc2d2sT_sX2akeK_Ym8BjeSeHnMssjUe5gOetRimTo&wtsid=rdr_0kN9wsNtxE6S3jIk7&_rdr#

Malaysia got better wisdom.
They cancelled the event.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

(20-05-2024, 04:45 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Malaysia got better wisdom.
They cancelled the event.

Malaysia due to " islamic party " next majority is Malays. Even Ang Mo concert they don't allow due to their dressing. So I not surprise Malaysia ban this DJ monk rah. Have to draw a line between Malaysia vs Singapore.

Partly Our Govt always claim " Open " to others. Actually I sense end of the day Authority allow it maybe but will not as it not involve " a concert or music festival " whereby a lot crowd will involve. We all know our SG target is Make money , in before LKY quote look around you , who build these, all these need money.

if this DJ monk is perform in a Concert big event. I will say Authority might not ban it but now is just a small Club. " maybe " will ban maybe will not.

After laolan wrong become pm, all these problems surface.
Malaysia cancelled the concert because many Buddhist organisations complained to the authority and the government agreed that this DJ is insensitive and decided to ban him from performing .

(20-05-2024, 04:51 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Malaysia due to " islamic party " next majority is Malays. Even Ang Mo concert they don't allow due to their dressing. So I not surprise Malaysia ban this DJ monk rah. Have to draw a line between Malaysia vs Singapore.

[Image: kj0kfhxx431a1.jpg]

(20-05-2024, 06:02 PM)Clyde Wrote:  After laolan wrong become pm, all these problems surface. Malaysia cancelled the concert because many Buddhist organisations complained to the authority and the government agreed that this DJ is insensitive and decided to ban him from performing .

What is wrong with a DJ Monk? Those Buddhist monks who drive Mercedes and wear Rolex watches are the ones who should be investigated.

https://mothership.sg/2024/05/korean-dj-...singapore/

(20-05-2024, 06:06 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  [Image: kj0kfhxx431a1.jpg]

They never perform in Malaysia , Blackpink

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/buddhism-cool-...54097.html

🙂 remember , As buddism as long as you follow 5 precepts everything is permitted.
Those into Buddism should know what the 5 precepts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-fgbJtUSw0

(20-05-2024, 06:23 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  🙂 remember , As buddism as long as you follow 5 precepts everything is permitted.
Those into Buddism should know what the 5 precepts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-fgbJtUSw0

Buddhism is not just about 5 precepts. It is also about purifying ones mind. Get this into your head.

(20-05-2024, 06:08 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  What is wrong with a DJ Monk? Those Buddhist monks who drive Mercedes and wear Rolex watches are the ones who should be investigated.
Surprised that you tell people that converted from Buddhist to Christian when you know nothing about buddhism.

(20-05-2024, 06:39 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Buddhism is not just about 5 precepts. It is also about purifying ones mind. Get this into your head.

This Dj never spread about drug, racism or any negative stuffs.

electronic dance music do spread Positive vibe , spiritual. I already post a research from Scientist claim. Just like other Music.

I feel it trigger people partly , some people always feel oh Dance music, electronic music involve " drugs , rave party etc " but is isn't so.

Now a days big music festival already ban on Drugs at Western countries for those going to attend any dance music festival.

Be it approve or not. for me Smile 5 precepts are the Most important come Buddism.

Side note this DJ never do anything wrong when come to 5 precepts .

(20-05-2024, 06:41 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Surprised that you tell people that converted from Buddhist to Christian when you know nothing about buddhism.

You mean Buddhist monks "purify their minds" when they drive luxury cars and wear branded watches? 

(20-05-2024, 06:41 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Surprised that you tell people that converted from Buddhist to Christian when you know nothing about buddhism.

So Samsara in Buddhism is considered dukkha i.e. unsatisfactory and painful, perpetuated by desire and avidya aka ignorance. The result is karma, so freedom from this cycle of existence or nirvana is the foundation and the most important facet of Buddhism, right? I decided after studying the Holy Bible, that Jesus' teachings make more sense to me and I embraced the Christian faith.

(20-05-2024, 06:58 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  So Samsara in Buddhism is considered dukkha i.e. unsatisfactory and painful, perpetuated by desire and avidya aka ignorance. The result is karma, so freedom from this cycle of existence or nirvana is the foundation and the most important facet of Buddhism, right? I decided after studying the Holy Bible, that Jesus' teachings make more sense to me and I embraced the Christian faith.

This is less than 1% of Buddhist teachings. 

And why do you tell me why and how you converted christian? I  am not interested to know.

(20-05-2024, 07:40 PM)Clyde Wrote:  This is less than 1% of Buddhist teachings. And why do you tell me why and how you converted christian? I  am not interested

Why do you keep spewing your anti-Christian sentiments and hatred for Jesus on this forum? I am not interested in the rantings of bigots and the ignorant.

(20-05-2024, 07:40 PM)Clyde Wrote:  This is less than 1% of Buddhist teachings. 
And why do you tell me why and how you converted christian? I  am not interested to know.

This verse applies to you. Read it and learn something valuable about yourself: “Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you." (Matthew 7:6)

(20-05-2024, 07:42 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Why do you keep spewing your anti-Christian sentiments and hatred for Jesus on this forum? I am not interested in the rantings of bigots and the ignorant.

Because bigot like you also doing it to Islam, Hinduism, taoism...

(20-05-2024, 07:45 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Because bigot like you also doing it to Islam, Hinduism, taoism...

I only speak the truth. There is no hatred. 

Respect all different faiths. 
The problem with this DJ monk is insulting to Buddhists. The venue.

(20-05-2024, 07:47 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Respect all different faiths. 
The problem with this DJ monk is insulting to Buddhists. The venue.

This one I have to agreed partly is a Club/disco. BUT If a solo event than I feel the ban is not necessary. Or if perform in a music festivals with others DJs.

(20-05-2024, 07:47 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I only speak the truth. There is no hatred. 
Let everybody in this forum judge.

Can gays be Buddhists? Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(20-05-2024, 08:13 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Can gays be Buddhists? Thinking

Gays are also humans.

(20-05-2024, 08:19 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Gays are also humans.

So Buddhism says it’s ok to take in the backside? Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(20-05-2024, 08:21 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  So Buddhism says it’s ok to take in the backside? Smile
If one is born gay, what choice? 
Any other side?