DeSantis bans Chinese citizens from buying land in Florida

https://nypost.com/2023/05/08/desantis-s...n-florida/

Ban "from buying farmland or any property within 10 miles of any military installation, seaport, airport, power plant, water treatment facility or any other location deemed critical infrastructure."

Ban like no ban

Those are probably not residential area..

Smile

Can American citizens go to China and start snapping up land parcels?

If 2 countries are good friends like UK and US, their citizens can cross over to buy land is no issue.

Unfortunately the US China relations is hitting new lows every year.

Still I would say the US is more open to Chinese coming in to stay, buy assets and invest...than the other way round.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-05-2023, 05:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Can American citizens go to China and start snapping up land parcels?

If 2 countries are good friends like UK and US, their citizens can cross over to buy land is no issue.

Still I would say the US is more open to Chinese coming in to stay, buy assets and invest...than the other way round.

Are you sure foreigners cannot buy properties to stay in china? As for land, it's the same for sg and many countries.

Do you really know what you post, or just assuming that's the case?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(11-05-2023, 05:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Can American citizens go to China and start snapping up land parcels?

Question you should ask is can American effort the cost of properties in Tier-1 Chinese cities...like Shanghai, Tianjin or Guangzhou ?

The fact is Mainland Chinese has $ now...and similar to what the wealthyJews, Arabs, Brunei, Jap and Europeans did years ago - naturally they wanna invest COLD HARD CA$H in overseas fixed assets... Why now single out the Chinese ? Because they are "commies" ,"not democratic as stories told by American body politicians ?  Big Grin

1989 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/p...39f464624/

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(11-05-2023, 06:07 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Are you sure foreigners cannot buy properties to stay in china? As for land, it's the same for sg and many countries.
Do you really know what you post, or just assuming that's the case?

sgbuffett is not aware that he shares similar mind-set as Mahathir when comes to Chinese buying properties. Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 3 users Like Manthink's post