Diabetes : Studies show the white rice you eat is worse than soft drinks

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...ary-drinks

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Crabs!

People have been eating white rice for thousands of years!  Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

Really crap report.
Chinese ppl have been eating white rice for few thousand years. Rotfl

Ask them to drink softdrink to replace rice.

Dont blindly blame on Sugar.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(14-08-2022, 04:51 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Crabs!

One thousand yrs have car and bus? Got office job sit around all day?

Both rice send soft drinks are bad. Most of time people not aware rice is a contributor.

White rice was not around thousand years ...it is only last hundred yrs when people start polishing rice until its white.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Soft drinks is worse than rice. Rice have fiber and other vitamins. Soft drinks got nothing but sugar, flavouring and water. Coca cola should shut down.

(14-08-2022, 04:58 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Really crap report.
Chinese ppl have been eating white rice for few thousand years. Rotfl

Ask them to drink softdrink to replace rice.

Dont blindly blame on Sugar.

Thousands of years ...my foot. 

[Image: DOg5228.jpg]

Is the meow meow smelly? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

White rice is carbohydrates. If not utilised to burn as energy it will be stored up in the body where it will converted to sugar. That’s why I only consume very little rice for dinner.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(14-08-2022, 04:51 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Crabs!

I eat at least 2 bowls of white rice

Maybe, this news is referring to those 70 or 80 years old?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(14-08-2022, 07:39 PM)Ola Wrote:  I eat at least 2 bowls of white rice

I have been eating white rice for 3 meals everyday for decades since I was a child.

Now, I am still OK.  Big Grin

(14-08-2022, 05:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  One thousand yrs have car and bus? Got office job sit around all day?

Both rice send soft drinks are bad. Most of time people not aware rice is a contributor.

White rice was not around thousand years ...it is only last hundred yrs when people start polishing rice until its white.

Pls read the report properly.

Why China anomaly???  Thinking

https://theprint.in/science/white-rice-l...rs/496879/

China anomaly

China and India are two of the world’s largest countries where rice is the staple food. Both also lead in the incidence of diabetes. However, the researchers found that there wasn’t a significant association with white rice consumption and diabetes in China.  Big Grin

(14-08-2022, 07:39 PM)Ola Wrote:  I eat at least 2 bowls of white rice

2 bowls??!! After u a BBFA? Laughing

(14-08-2022, 07:46 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Pls read the report properly.

Why China anomaly???  Thinking

https://theprint.in/science/white-rice-l...rs/496879/

China anomaly

China and India are two of the world’s largest countries where rice is the staple food. Both also lead in the incidence of diabetes. However, the researchers found that there wasn’t a significant association with white rice consumption and diabetes in China.  Big Grin

Indian are typical 饭桶。

Smile

Korea and Japan also eat more white rice right? Their diabetes rate high or not? Luckily I eat white bee hoon!
This report could have been written by someone who sells brown rice!

(14-08-2022, 09:09 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Korea and Japan also eat more white rice right? Their diabetes rate high or not? Luckily I eat white bee hoon!
This report could have been written by someone who sells brown rice!

Could be Angmohs who have vested interest in selling more wheat and wheat products and soft drinks.

Don’t eat rice. Eat gummybears Big Grin

[Image: BC5-B26-A0-0685-4-C80-BF19-1-AD20-DACD258.webp]

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

I hope Angmo dont eat rice. Carry on their wheat and bread.

Smile

I have this ready to eat butter chicken basmati rice once a week from 7-11 store :-)
https://www.7-eleven.com.sg/Products/7-s...n-biryani-

Shop with Health Shop !
https://iherb.co/BeaDs49

(14-08-2022, 09:26 PM)SgWinner Wrote:  I have this ready to eat butter chicken basmati rice once a week from 7-11 store :-)
https://www.7-eleven.com.sg/Products/7-s...n-biryani-

What is this, how to buy?

(14-08-2022, 05:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  One thousand yrs have car and bus? Got office job sit around all day?

Laughing Clapping

(14-08-2022, 09:14 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Don’t eat rice.  Eat gummybears Big Grin

How about eating bananas deer bro p1acebo? Good or not?

[Image: 3-C80-F94-D-7-E86-40-CE-91-E2-11-A451476-DE6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(14-08-2022, 11:49 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  How about eating bananas deer bro p1acebo? Good or not?

[Image: 3-C80-F94-D-7-E86-40-CE-91-E2-11-A451476-DE6.gif]

Dear bro Ichigo, ish super exellent! Big Grin

(14-08-2022, 11:10 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  What is this, how to buy?

The link provided already said 7 eleven. U still ask how to buy?  Rotfl

(14-08-2022, 05:21 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Thousands of years ...my foot. 

[Image: DOg5228.jpg]

Dont believe all these crap report. Rotfl

Qing Shi Huang had burnt away lot of books..
To be exact, the Chinese ppl has already eaten rice for at least 7000 years.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

http://www.xinhuanet.com/local/2020-12/0...825886.htm

(14-08-2022, 09:14 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Don’t eat rice.  Eat gummybears Big Grin

Must be a joke. Science doesnt mean it always telling the real truth. This is why Science needs frequent experiments to proof the data collected is reliable.

Before Einstein was born, Isaac Newton was the greatest science genius. But not now.
This tells us we still have limited knowledge how the nature work.

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(15-08-2022, 08:22 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Must be a joke. Science doesnt mean it always telling the real truth. This is why Science needs frequent experiments to proof the data collected is reliable.

Before Einstein was born, Isaac Newton was the greatest science genius. But not now.
They give you some advice you go and fight it with what you think and want to be true. You should give it some due consideration.

The caloric often of rice is high and it is converted jnto sugar quickly this causes a spike and stimulate insulin production. Same as soft drinks.

You  don't believe or don't want to believe.. but do take the time to read and consider because if it is true you need to change habits.

Dunno why there seems to be a surge of diabetes cases in Singapore in recent years and you guys better take Butt's warning seriously. 
However telling people to cut down white rice alone is not good enough. Properly shud tell people to cut down on carbs and sugar intake. The silly guy might take Butt's advice and eat less rice but he went to the kitchen and stuff himself with cheese cakes, ice creams and white bread. Then another guy stop eating rice and goes all out on CKT and horfun. 
Also must take less sugar loaded fruits like bananas, pineapples, mangoes, etc. Best is cut down fruit intakes and substitute them with all kinds of fresh vegetables..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(15-08-2022, 09:06 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Dunno why there seems to be a surge of diabetes cases in Singapore in recent years and you guys better take Butt's warning seriously. 
However telling people to cut down white rice alone is not good enough. Properly shud tell people to cut down on carbs and sugar intake. The silly guy might take Butt's advice and eat less rice but he went to the kitchen and stuff himself with cheese cakes, ice creams and white bread. Then another guy stop eating rice and goes all out on CKT and horfun. 
Also must take less sugar loaded fruits like bananas, pineapples, mangoes, etc. Best is cut down fruit intakes and substitute them with all kinds of fresh vegetables..... Rolleyes

Never blame sugar for diabetes.
This is what I cannot accept.
孤掌难鸣!

When you have suffered from diabetes, you cannot take in more sugar.
Our body is good at adaptability. Big Grin
This is what I want to say.
不懂易经真糟糕!

Does sugar cause diabetes?

There are two main types of diabetes - type 1 and
type 2 diabetes.
We know that sugar does not cause type 1
diabetes, nor is it caused by anything else in your
lifestyle. In type 1 diabetes, the insulin producing
cells in your pancreas are destroyed by your
immune system.
With type 2 diabetes, the answer is a little more
complex. Though we know sugar doesn't directly
cause type 2 diabetes, you are more likely to get it
if you are overweight. You gain weight when you
take in more calories than your body needs, and
sugary foods and drinks contain a lot of calories

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-dia...d-diabetes