Man complains to LTA about user boarding bus with 'giant' PMA -- but it's not illegal

Man complains to LTA about user boarding bus with 'giant' PMA -- but it's not illegal 

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...ot-illegal
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

I saw one such pma got stuck by the bus railing. The driver havze to carry it
[+] 2 users Like maddog's post

This big type usually fitted with 4 loudspeakers and can play o-bid Chinese pop songs very loudly while moving on the walkways. I saw once on train playing the Chinese songs and the driver tapping his toes to the tune of the irritating sound.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

I have no beef with PMAs.  But I draw the line at cyclists zooming up sidewalks and walkways with wild abandon.

They can been seen cycling fast at walkways near the heartland wet markets, blithely ignoring stares from the old folks plodding along.  Even with signs that say “No cycling” in images and words.

Very poor enforcement by the authorities, as usual. Around the vicinities of Toa Payoh Blk 62 wet market is one such area.

Need to wait for one accident involving colliding with boomer or child then they will wake up.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

A matter of time it gets exploded and burns down the house. Why that stomper so impatient?

(08-08-2023, 08:03 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I have no beef with PMAs.  But I draw the line at cyclists zooming up sidewalks and walkways with wild abandon.

They can been seen cycling fast at walkways near the heartland wet markets, blithely ignoring stares from the old folks plodding along.  Even with signs that say “No cycling” in images and words.

Very poor enforcement by the authorities, as usual. Around the vicinities of Toa Payoh Blk 62 wet market is one such area.

Need to wait for one accident involving colliding with boomer or child then they will wake up.

Agree, I have close encounters with them many times during my daily runs.   Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

Singaporeans getting too pampered....saw one auntie in PMA on bus, get up and throw rubbish.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

(08-08-2023, 09:12 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Singaporeans getting too pampered....saw one auntie in PMA on bus, get up and throw rubbish.

Although some users genuinely need a four wheel-PMA, many can actually walk but because they can afford it, they buy one so they don't need to walk so much.  

Unlike walking where you have to manoeuvre around a crowd of peepur, you always have the way when on a pma because peepur will give way to you when your weapon is zooming towards them.  So that's a second good thing about rising a pma. 

You walk less, you have the Ta...I mean the WAY.  Rotfl

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

I ever saw one fat  family of 4 , one riding one each on side walk..
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

it is so common mowaday that able body using PMA instead of motorbike cos no need COE, no ERP, no parking charges.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(08-08-2023, 07:55 AM)maddog Wrote:  I saw one such pma got stuck by the bus railing. The driver havze to carry it

The PMA got stuck due to bad driving skills? The rider should unstuck it himself.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

Maybe some PMAs also need COE. Huge-ass ones pay for COE. Small ones exempt.

(08-08-2023, 01:46 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Maybe some PMAs also need COE. Huge-ass ones pay for COE. Small ones exempt.

ALL need COE unless medically certified by panel of 3 drs.

PMA is certainly being abused by ppl I am sure. Rules should be toughen say only when the leg get chopped off no leg then qualify. This one cannot keng liao lor. Those still got legs may keng unless they chop it off to qualify? A bit drastic measure but it should work well so ppl want to abuse think twice since they need to chop off their legs if wanna keng.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(08-08-2023, 03:48 PM)sgh Wrote:  PMA is certainly being abused by ppl I am sure. Rules should be toughen say only when the leg get chopped off no leg then qualify. This one cannot keng liao lor. Those still got legs may keng unless they chop it off to qualify? A bit drastic measure but it should work well so ppl want to abuse think twice since they need to chop off their legs if wanna keng.

same with LHL on TCJ

got law but procrastinate

dont want to implement properly

(08-08-2023, 04:01 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  same with LHL on TCJ

got law but procrastinate

dont want to implement properly

That case is different. You know of ancient China Emperor dynasty system? If you know then the result is normal from this issue.

(08-08-2023, 07:42 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Man complains to LTA about user boarding bus with 'giant' PMA -- but it's not illegal 

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...ot-illegal

Why can't he just drive along the road leh?  Thinking Just make him wear helmet lah! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(08-08-2023, 04:12 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Why can't he just drive along the road leh?  Thinking Just make him wear helmet lah! Big Grin
May be he wanted to go from Bukit Merah to Jurong East. If he drive his PMD it might run out of battery at Clementi and kena stuck there. Then how? .... Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

The purpose of able persons to own and ride PMA is just to show off. They are just too lazy to walk. Actually, they are forcing themselves to become "disabled people" sooner than those who prefer to walk and exercise every day. They will know when they get older. Owning a car will reduce one's chance to exercise, owning a PMA is even worst.
[+] 1 user Likes revealer's post

(08-08-2023, 04:24 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  May be he wanted to go from Bukit Merah to Jurong East. If he drive his PMD it might run out of battery at Clementi and kena stuck there. Then how? .... Big Grin

Then must put charger along the way lah! Big Grin Don't go so far away lah!
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(08-08-2023, 04:09 PM)sgh Wrote:  That case is different. You know of ancient China Emperor dynasty system? If you know then the result is normal from this issue.

I only know the finishing of the last emperor
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(08-08-2023, 01:50 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  ALL need COE unless medically certified by panel of 3 drs.
Yes. Think so. Is good. Rotfl

(08-08-2023, 05:28 PM)revealer Wrote:  The purpose of able persons to own and ride PMA is just to show off.  They are just too lazy to walk.  Actually,  they are forcing themselves to become "disabled people" sooner than those who prefer to walk and exercise every day.    They will know when they get older.  Owning a car will reduce one's chance to exercise,  owning a PMA is even worst.
Yes. Think so... Sad Rotfl

LTA refuses to make proper regulations for this.

many are using this as replacement for car

another thing - obesity is NOT a disability..

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html