Diner shocked by $50 fee for cake to birthday dinner at Fort Canning Park restaurant

"After some discussion, they informed us that they could allow us to eat the cake in the restaurant but a $50 charge would be added as they considered this an event.

"After discussion by their staff, they reduced the charge to $20 as they said our cake was small."

Disappointed, the group decided not to patronise Le Jardin in the end and went to another nearby restaurant in Clarke Quay instead.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...nning-park

Stupid policy.
If make reservations at any high class CHINESE restaurant, and told them it’s a birthday dinner, when you reach there, the first thing the supervisor asks you is whether you have brought along a cake. And if you have, they will take it and put in a fridge for you. During cake cutting, they will help to put on the candles , and serve it to the guests if you request for it.

Celebrating birthday at such restaurants is the best. Screw those fancy Ang moh restaurants. Only interest is money. Never thing of extraordinary services.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

money face...

Smile

Charge Too much
Some restaurants don’t charge any fee for Birthday cake brought in.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️