Dismay after BreadTalk S’pore imposes S$0.10 plastic bag charge

Dismay after BreadTalk S’pore imposes S$0.10 plastic bag charge

The extra charge is only applicable for its carrier bag.

👉 https://tsl.to/breadtalkplastic

@mustsharenews

If I buy 4 buns which I usually do, it will cost me 40 cents more? Anyway, I never patronise them for ages. Nothing special.

Let them talk to their bread!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(06-04-2024, 08:50 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  If I buy 4 buns which I usually do, it will cost me 40 cents more? Anyway, I never patronise them for ages. Nothing special.

carrier bag so 10 cents more...........
i remain proud of the fact that i had NEVER EVER bought from Breadtalk...................NOT even once........... Clapping

I never even buy from BreadTalk for years. Their bread are lousy and expensive. My preferred choice is stil 4-Leaf. Also, their Toastbox staffs are so rude.

Business should avoid exploilation in the name of sustainability. They should find alternative packaging with no added cost.

If they dont charge for the plastic bag, they get scolded from the PnP sustainable gov agency.

If they charge, they get scolded by the consumers.

So which is better?

Don't bother to step into BT for long time. After they keep raising the price of the floss bread.

I have never patronize BreadTalk. More reason for me not to do so. They are ridiculously exploiting the consumers imposing such a charge. Who started the shits in the name of protecting the environment at the expense and inconvenience of Singaporean. Let the environment take its course. Don't try to be God.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

In the name of substainbility. By right, if consumers choose not to take bag, business operators should award us with 5c per bag. Those take then pay.

(06-04-2024, 11:26 AM)Fit Wrote:  Let them talk to their bread!

I will vote with both my wallet and feet. Goodbye, BreadTalk! 

(06-04-2024, 02:12 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  I have never patronize BreadTalk. More reason for me not to do so. They are ridiculously exploiting the consumers imposing such a charge. Who started the shits in the name of protecting the environment at the expense and inconvenience of Singaporean. Let the environment take its course. Don't try to be God.

Our overrated and overpaid Ministers are forcing us to pay for essential items like plastic bags which are needed to store our food waste for disposal. Businesses have already factored in the price of those carriers before the charge was levied, so this is pure profiteering.  
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(06-04-2024, 03:36 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I will vote with both my wallet and feet. Goodbye, BreadTalk! 
Many years back, BreadTalk boss condemned Singaporeans claiming they are lazy. He rather hire foreign workers. Ever since he made this remarks, I boycott BreadTalk. In the end, kena backfired when one of his foreign worker poured Yeo Hiap Seng soya drink into bottles and claimed they are home made. Deserved it!

(06-04-2024, 04:02 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Many years back, BreadTalk boss condemned Singaporeans claiming they are lazy. He rather hire foreign workers. Ever since he made this remarks, I boycott BreadTalk. In the end, kena backfired when one of his foreign worker poured Yeo Hiap Seng soya drink into bottles and claimed they are home made. Deserved it!

I think the foreign worker did it on the behest of the employer. What for he do it if there's nothing to gain from it personally?

I'll never buy from BT. They're very greedy.

Ignore List: Oyk

(06-04-2024, 04:30 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I think the foreign worker did it on the behest of the employer. What for he do it if there's nothing to gain from it personally? I'll never buy from BT. They're very greedy.

I have decided to boycott BreadTalk. Today, I went to Four Leaves Express and Tiong Bahru Bakery. There are also a host of other bakeries in shopping malls and HDB estates apart from BT.

If so many of us here seem to be boycotting BT, then how come they're still thriving and can afford to raise their prices?

Seems like the internet community is more shrewd than the silent majority. Reminds me of how so many people here complain about PAP but they're returned as majority party election after election hahaha.

Ignore List: Oyk

(06-04-2024, 12:10 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  carrier bag so 10 cents more...........
i remain proud of the fact that i had NEVER EVER bought from Breadtalk...................NOT even once........... Clapping

Same here. Overpriced loti. But a lot of chewren (now grown up) like to buy.

I am not much of a bread eater anyway.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(06-04-2024, 05:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Same here. Overpriced loti. But a lot of chewren (now grown up) like to buy.

I am not much of a bread eater anyway.

If your fist very tight then your lunch or dinner could be bread with plain water only leh hahaha 😂

(06-04-2024, 05:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  If so many of us here seem to be boycotting BT, then how come they're still thriving and can afford to raise their prices?

Seems like the internet community is more shrewd than the silent majority. Reminds me of how so many people here complain about PAP but they're returned as majority party election after election hahaha.

Nine years ago, they said they would boycott BT because they sold 李不开你 buns. Did BT peng san? No. Instead the company added 9 more years to its name when it tells the world it'd  been around "Since..."

They must be doing something right just like PAP.

(06-04-2024, 05:48 PM)sgh Wrote:  If your fist very tight then your lunch or dinner could be bread with plain water only leh hahaha

Most of your "bread" should be in your bank account. LOL!

(06-04-2024, 05:48 PM)sgh Wrote:  If your fist very tight then your lunch or dinner could be bread with plain water only leh hahaha 😂

I would eat Fairprice brand of rice and for flavour, fry it with a bit of salt if I am tight financially.

BT very shrewd in choosing their shop location. Most near shopping mall or MRT main entrance where the crowd is.