Do Not Buy SAMSUNG FRIDGE!!!!

We bought a Samsung double-door fridge in August 2018. More than 2 months ago, the freezer broke down. After repeatedly calling customer service, they came down once, made some adjustments and the freezer is still not working. The fridge started to break down too. We called again and again. They came down after a month and changed the compressor. However, it is not still not working. Currently, the fridge is not cold enough and the freezer is not working. The customer service person told us that the fridge is beyond repair and they can refund us the depreciated value of the fridge on condition that they have the purchase invoice. After giving them the purchase invoice, they now say that they can give us a discount code to purchase a new SAMSUNG fridge. We feel deceived and fatigued dealing with these SAMSUNG customer service staff. Is a $3000 double door fridge supposed to work for only 3 years 6 months? We understand that the warranty is only for a year. However, is it normal for a premium fridge to be deemed unrepairable after 3 years and 6 months? Why would anyone still want a repair code to buy a fridge that would only last such a short time?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...e.6717028/
[+] 2 users Like pinkypanther's post

So lousy

My Toshiba lasted 20 years with 1 change of thermostat around the 12 year, still running like new and unlike car, the rubber never change color and never decay at all

All good

Am i the only lucky one?
[+] 4 users Like Sentinel's post

My GE last 30 years.

Tell them to keep the Samsung Voucher that you will not have anything to do with Samsung again!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

Should have demanded 1 to 1 exchange.

Since it is less than 3 months, u can go CASE and ask them to sue them or give u a new one.

Recently, I bought a new 8kg top load Panasonic washing machine also give me problem. Use Auto mode, it will stop at spinning stage, and then restart 2nd stage rinsing and it will fill up the bucket with water.

But if I switch to program mode, everything is fine… What is the problem?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(18-03-2022, 04:27 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  My Toshiba lasted 20 years with 1 change of thermostat around the 12 year, still running like new and unlike car, the rubber never change color and never decay at all

All good

Am i the only lucky one?

May be old one is good. My friend told me his Toshiba fridge less than 1 year already spoilt. He told me don’t buy Toshiba fridge. Big Grin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Philips tv is the worst. You can buy brand new and less than 1 year will have panel problems. Distorted or no display on screen.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(18-03-2022, 07:05 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Philips tv is the worst.  You can buy brand new and less than 1 year will have panel problems.  Distorted or no display on screen.

It will have black patch issue… Big Grin

I just bought another Xiaomi 43” TV.
Manage to get it at $401 at 3.15 sale after the discount.
It is damn good. It has Android 10 OS with 16 GB internal memory.

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(18-03-2022, 07:06 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  It will have black patch issue… Big Grin

I just bought another Xiaomi 43” TV.
Manage to get it at $401 at 3.15 sale after the discount.
It is damn good. It has Android 10 OS with 16 GB  internal memory.

Wow good for you Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-03-2022, 06:54 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  May be old one is good. My friend told me his Toshiba fridge less than 1 year already spoilt. He told me don’t buy Toshiba fridge. Big Grin

Made in Japan

(18-03-2022, 07:18 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Made in Japan

Don’t know. Made in Japan. Normally will come with an atas price tag.
But now Jap quality is also deterioriating.

(18-03-2022, 07:19 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Don’t know. Made in Japan. Normally will come with a atas price tag.
But now Jap quality is also deterioriating.

20 years ago, Toshiba products are made in japan. Now i dun know.

(18-03-2022, 07:22 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  20 years ago, Toshiba products are made in japan. Now i dun know.

Last time quality is much better, even 10 years ago is better than now.
Money shrink. 
Reduce QC checks and Plan obsolescence.

Buy more common ones like Panasonic, at least part more easy to get.
[+] 3 users Like watchfirst9's post

for certain brands, the fridges can only be serviced/repaired by their authorized agents, because their parts are not available to others, so the costs are much higher. must know that before you buy new ones
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Those Angmor brands are much worse. I know 9ne Angmor brand is made in Korea.

(18-03-2022, 04:27 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  My Toshiba lasted 20 years with 1 change of thermostat around the 12 year, still running like new and unlike car, the rubber never change color and never decay at all

All good

Am i the only lucky one?

My house Mitsubishi refrig been around since my school days till now.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Now got to buy made in China!

anyone using midea and haier? much cheaper than others

SAMSUNG fridge shd supposed to be durable and lasting.  I had one which is already 11 years and still doing well.  Except 5 years ago, 
I replaced the lights which hv blowned.

Samsung is lousy, but Panasonic fridge better.

I checked my fridge also Samsung after reading this mail, jilat but use more than 3 years so far so good..

(18-03-2022, 01:54 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Samsung is lousy, but Panasonic fridge better.

Panasonic has become "panic"!  Laughing

Personal experience is that Samsung and LG products prone to break down. After repair, the guy advised me don't use the highest speed mode, but stay at medium as is common problem.....

(18-03-2022, 07:33 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Last time quality is much better, even 10 years ago is better than now.
Money shrink. 
Reduce QC checks and Plan obsolescence.

Buy more common ones like Panasonic, at least part more easy to get.

Are parts easy to get ?
Panasonic told me must wait at least 2 weeks for them to get the part when the rubber at the door got problem.
That was about 6 years ago.

my Mistubishi Fridge still steady 19 yrs

(18-03-2022, 04:56 PM)keys Wrote:  my Mistubishi Fridge still steady 19 yrs

How many ticks?

(18-03-2022, 04:56 PM)keys Wrote:  my Mistubishi Fridge still steady 19 yrs

This kind suddenly will die then all your items inside you will panick.