Do we still need Tamil as one of the 4 official languages?

It apparently seems that Hindi should have become a more dominant language than Tamil already in Sinkiepoor

Agree?

Song Boh?

Even Diwali is seen more on social media than Deepavali nowsaday

(20-12-2021, 10:51 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  It apparently seems that Hindi should have become a more dominant language than Tamil already in Sinkiepoor

Agree?

Song Boh?

These FTs from northern India are very arrogant and rude when they talk to you, they look down on southerners and even Sporeans. Maybe they are from higher caste with lighter skin, it is wrong to practise caste system in their new host countries like Spore, the US and other countries.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

(20-12-2021, 11:22 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  These FTs from northern India are very arrogant and rude when they talk to you, they look down on southerners and even Sporeans. Maybe they are from higher caste with lighter skin, it is wrong to practise caste system in their new host countries like Spore, the US and other countries.

PM Lee and Ho Ching love Indian

Unlikely Tamil can be replaced with Hindi because It has been with Singapore since independence. Since we love CECA so much, probably one way out is the CECA lovers will add another language, Hindi, to become the fifth official language of Singapore....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-12-2021, 10:51 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  It apparently seems that Hindi should have become a more dominant language than Tamil already in Sinkiepoor

Agree?

Song Boh?

CECA waiting eagerly to have their presence felt
[+] 2 users Like Dan's post

I like local bred Indians.

The newer Indian FT is obnoxious..

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(20-12-2021, 11:50 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Unlikely Tamil can be replaced with Hindi because It has been with Singapore since independence. Since we love CECA so much, probably one way out is the CECA lovers will add another language, Hindi, to become the fifth official language of Singapore....... Rolleyes

To have 4 official languages is more than enough, imagine in the MRT they need to announce in 5 official languages......haiz.. Laughing Rotfl

(20-12-2021, 11:55 AM)debono Wrote:  To have 4 official languages is more than enough, imagine in the MRT they need to announce in 5 official languages......haiz.. Laughing Rotfl

In Taiwan MRT, they make announcement in 4 languages, Mandarin, English, Hokkien and Hakka.

Don't kaypoh. Hindi is not an official main language in India. They can't made up their mind...

Smile

(20-12-2021, 11:50 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Unlikely Tamil can be replaced with Hindi because It has been with Singapore since independence. Since we love CECA so much, probably one way out is the CECA lovers will add another language, Hindi, to become the fifth official language of Singapore....... Rolleyes

On the way, can add Tagalog as the 6th official language and Bengali as the 7th etc. Rolleyes

What about Tagalog?

(20-12-2021, 12:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  What about Tagalog?

Can treat it as a dialect only. Pinoys use England....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-12-2021, 12:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  What about Tagalog?

(20-12-2021, 12:49 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Can treat it as a dialect only. Pinoys use England....... Rolleyes

Yes, Tagalog is a  dialect spoken mainly in the marketplace......Most in Philippines get educated in English..... Clapping

(20-12-2021, 12:54 PM)debono Wrote:  Yes, Tagalog is a  dialect spoken mainly in the marketplace......Most in Philippines get educated in English..... Clapping

Tagalog is similar to Malay, some of the words are the same as they are all from the same Malay language family.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Are Filipinos Malay?

If asked about their race, most Filipinos would identify as being Malay. Filipinos are taught in schools to be proud of their Malay heritage and encouraged to strengthen their ties with other Malays in Southeast Asia. ... Some legal issues could arise if new immigrants from the Philippines are identified as Malays.

(20-12-2021, 12:57 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Tagalog is similar to Malay, some of the words are the same as they are all from the same Malay language family.

I am quite conversant in Malay, but I don't think Tagalog is similar to Malay, cos I am not able to comprehend what they are talking... Clapping Laughing

(20-12-2021, 01:04 PM)debono Wrote:  I am quite conversant in Malay, but I don't think Tagalog is similar to Malay, cos I am not able to comprehend what they are talking... Clapping Laughing

[Image: 37-DB35-B9-5-A2-A-4-E2-F-A051-003-E1-F8-AF104.jpg]

[Image: 6-C864-F2-C-DA4-B-4-EB2-94-C9-5-FCF2068-BC95.png]

[Image: 8-AE525-DC-AAF3-4412-8028-9-E5-FF2-E2-E177.jpg]

[Image: 8-A557599-7508-4-D53-A232-441-B399913-D8.jpg]