Does Rishi Sunak’s £730m fortune make him too rich to be PM?

Rupert Neate Wealth correspondent
Sat 22 Oct 2022 07.00 BST

If Rishi Sunak becomes prime minister, it will be first time in history that the occupants of No 10 Downing Street will be richer than the monarch in Buckingham Palace – and at a time when millions of Britons are struggling with a cost of living crisis.

Sunak and his wife, Akshata Murty, are sitting on a combined fortune of about £730m – roughly double the estimated £300m-£350m wealth of King Charles III and Camilla, Queen Consort.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/202...e-minister

he may chose like TRUMP GETTING A 1BP SALARY A YR
N TO BETTERISE IT
FORGOT PENSION AFTER STEPPING DOWN AS PM

(22-10-2022, 08:23 PM)talky Wrote:  he may chose like TRUMP GETTING A 1BP SALARY A YR
N TO BETTERISE IT
FORGOT PENSION AFTER STEPPING DOWN AS PM
If he state that upfront, he will get the job.

(22-10-2022, 08:38 PM)Instinct Wrote:  If he state that upfront, he will get the job.

THIS IS THE FINAL N MOST DAMAGING STEP HE COULD USE AGAINST OTHER CONTENDERS TO SECURE THE PREMIERSHIP

His Mrs was all along filing taxes as non domiciled in the UK, thereby saving many millions of pounds in taxes .
That also helps to add up to their £730 million.
😁

Seems like a toss up between Boris and the ahneh. I hope Boris wins Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

idiot perspective to want a poorer PM to feel better.
just get the best person for he job!

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.