Don't be a cynical windbag, plastic bag drop shows it’s not hard

Don't be a cynical windbag, plastic bag drop shows it’s not hard to make small, positive changes in Singapore 

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/cynical-windba...34693.html

5-cent charge by supermarkets is a behavioural nudge in the right direction towards broader conversation, sustainable alternatives.

Of course will drop 
People not happy to pay for plastic bags suppose to be free for shoppers 
But still have to buy plastic bags  for garbage use.
In the end plastic bags usage cannot be reduced

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(13-01-2024, 12:01 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Of course will drop. People not happy to pay for plastic bags suppose to be free for shoppers But still have to buy plastic bags  for garbage use.
In the end plastic bags usage cannot be reduced

My usage of plastic bags remains the same. The only difference is that I have to pay for them now.
[+] 2 users Like EvertonDiehard's post

(13-01-2024, 09:40 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Don't be a cynical windbag, plastic bag drop shows it’s not hard to make small, positive changes in Singapore 
5-cent charge by supermarkets is a behavioural nudge in the right direction towards broader conversation, sustainable alternatives.

The low SES have been nudged into throwing their food waste directly down the HDB rubbish chute!
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

If the Govt expects Sinkies to bag our garbage and food waste before discarding them down the rubbish chute, then plastic bags are an essential item. So why are we expected to pay for an "essential item"?