Sgporeans in state of victoria in Australia

50% already have au citizenship 

https://imgur.com/a/HIdy5sL
[+] 2 users Like fishbuff's post

Terrible place lots of racism crime and drugs.
Going there to live is a big mistake.
I wouldn't even go there for tour.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(14-01-2023, 07:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Terrible place lots of racism crime and drugs.

Then you have visited all the wrong places.
I've been there many times over the years and the people I've met are pleasant . Have not come across any racism so far , neither have I come across crime and drugs.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

Maybe I should go there after I get my PR

(14-01-2023, 07:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Terrible place lots of racism crime and drugs.

A lot wumaos are repeating that….... while ownselves migrating there to enjoy life away from tiongland.
[+] 1 user Likes kelhot2001's post

(14-01-2023, 06:05 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  50% already have au citizenship 

more brain drain from singapore unless pap implement dual citizenship soon or else many will renounce and withdraw their cpf liao.

If you have met people in the white only profession such as those in construction and building industries, plumbers, etc, you will face racism.

Laughing

49% have dual citizenship? Or ex Sporeans?

You in Queensland or Melbourne?

(14-01-2023, 09:52 AM)Jinwului Wrote:  more brain drain from singapore unless pap implement dual citizenship soon or else many will renounce and withdraw their cpf liao.

What do we get by giving them dual citizenship if they have effectively migrated, and are, for the most part, working, playing, screwing in Australia, and only here perhaps for a few weeks?  Still give them the benefits of citizenship so they can get $300 vouchers while they are contributing nothing to Singapore?

(14-01-2023, 09:54 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  If you have met people in the white only profession such as those in construction and building industries, plumbers, etc, you will face racism.

WTF are you saying?

pinoys n abn.

Racism aside, I never understood the attraction of migrating from SG to AU. If talk about salary, SG has higher salary after tax than AU unless you are a blue collar worker. Cost of living in SG is relatively lower. For retirement, Thailand and Malaysia much better. For travel and business, AU is literally at the remote corner of the world.

(14-01-2023, 10:41 AM)Oyk Wrote:  What do we get by giving them dual citizenship if they have effectively migrated, and are, for the most part, working, playing, screwing in Australia, and only here perhaps for a few weeks?  Still give them the benefits of citizenship so they can get $300 vouchers while they are contributing nothing to Singapore?

most advanced countries have already implement dual citizenship and they have no worries like you do plus it will also address the low birth rate issue in singapore. It's a win win situation actually.

(14-01-2023, 12:48 PM)Jinwului Wrote:  most advanced countries have already implement dual citizenship and they have no worries like you do plus it will also address the low birth rate issue in singapore. It's a win win situation actually.

You don't get it.

How does it address the low TFR?  What is the use of having a number on paper, that says we have 100 million Singaporeans if 99 million are not even living here, working here, and contributing to Singapore?  It's not rocket science...

so u rather have third world people filling the gap and leave once they had enough instead of asking the talented true blue singaporeans in overseas to come back with dual citizenship benefit....dun be so petty and myopic in policy....many europeans and western countries are already on it and dun seems to have problems like brain drain and low birth rate which singapore has been experiencing for years and not able to solve it.