Education Minister Chan Chun Sing lays out potential pitfalls of meritocracy

Education Minister Chan Chun Sing lays out potential pitfalls of meritocracy and how to avoid them 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...avoid-them

Singapore is no meritocracy.

It's a mediocracy.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

shoot blank for Klaus schwab who is being arrested soon.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

another will be called out of retirement and given pajama strip pant dat the lenient part
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-04-19-07-27-34.png]

Meritocracy will not ask for obscene salary. Rotfl
It is an “insult” to them.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

xiasuay or throw face is part and parcel of meritocracy.

In a meritocracy people rich or poor have an equal chance to succeed.....is this true in Singapore?

In a meritocracy it does not matter which family you come from, you have equal chance of success...is this true in Singapore?

In a meritocracy people who work harder are rewarded more ?is this true in Singapore? Just look at the landlords collecting rent without putting in effort and the people who have to work hard to pay them.

In a healthy meritocracy people are rewarded by how much they improve the lives of others rather than capitalistic market forces which rewards people for selling addictions ranging from cigarettes to gambling and anything that can make lots of money rather than improve society. We have drunk from the coolaid and come to believe that markets correctly rewards based on meritocracy
In the last 3 decades Singapore transformed from a society that benefits everyone to a plutocracy that serve the rich. Money talks in Singapore. With money,, you have your car, GCB, private health care and a govt that subsidizes you with low taxes. It's just not the same for the rest of Singapore society.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.