Dont laugh! So long Singapore: Expats flee city as rents go through the roof

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2023/4...h-the-roof

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

like UK

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwX9BI7USpA09N7hOeE2R...o&usqp=CAU]

no love lost nor missed

I'm surprised at how many of these expats don't seem to have particularly high salaries (<10k) but live in condo. Not just renting a room but the whole unit. Of course they can't afford it.

Bye, bye poor cheapskates. Good riddance.

Hello Chinese billionaires

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

Those collect rental by fleecing these expats jialat.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(21-04-2023, 05:04 PM)winbig Wrote:  Those collect rental by fleecing these expats jialat.

if cannot collect rent 
then sell the property loh

that is how singapore market works

cannot rent then sell

https://i0.wp.com/propertybuysellrent.sg...280%2C1024&ssl=1

(21-04-2023, 05:08 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  if cannot collect rent 
then sell the property loh

that is how singapore market works

cannot rent then sell

https://i0.wp.com/propertybuysellrent.sg...280%2C1024&ssl=1

If sell at loss how?

Small number flee
Rest stay.

Otherwise rental will not be so high

Property agent told me.next yr even higher

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

For every so-called expat that leave, five more are ready to step in and replace.

Hence, landlords continue to HUAT in Singapore!

From the article, Dunn the Australian stayed 16 years in Singapore and didn't bother to buy a property. I can also bet you that these slimy Aussies never make friends with the locals and keep to themselves all the time. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

(21-04-2023, 07:50 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  From the article, Dunn the Australian stayed 16 years in Singapore and didn't bother to buy a property.  I can also bet you that these slimy Aussies never make friends with the locals and keep to themselves all the time. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

my Korean American friend holding EP was given housing allowance S$10k per mth. but he only paid S$4k-5k for his rental. it never occurred to him to buy a property as he thought he was here for only a short period of time. heck, never did he expect he would stay for 10 years and he regretted for not buying a unit for investment.

he has already left Spore a few years ago.

(21-04-2023, 08:06 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  my Korean American friend holding EP was given housing allowance S$10k per mth. but he only paid S$4k-5k for his rental. it never occurred to him to buy a property as he thought he was here for only a short period of time. heck, never did he expect he would stay for 10 years and he regretted for not buying a unit for investment.

he has already left Spore a few years ago.

Wow, housing allowance S$10k per month, and only pay S$4-5K, still got S$6K balance.....he should have brought a Condo. cos he stayed for 10 years here.........if he had brought a Condo, as an investment, then will make a cool million............... Big Grin

Got one, and the housing allowance is $20K per month. A few years here, the HQ called to go back to the US due to reshoring.

Anyway, property prices are dropping for big properties now.

Those going back are those with family. It is also due to other regulations.

My CECA colleague expat bought his 3- Room HDB years ago and rented it out mthly while he requested to transfer WOrk from Home in India.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(21-04-2023, 07:50 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  From the article, Dunn the Australian stayed 16 years in Singapore and didn't bother to buy a property.  I can also bet you that these slimy Aussies never make friends with the locals and keep to themselves all the time. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Totally for sure he thinks he is god amongst men. Ive work with all sorts of Ang mohs too. Aust and Brits the same style. Worse is some of these goofs, trash marry Asian or Local ladies, and breed half asian half white kids, YOU would think they are OK with local peeps yea? Nah matey!  Big Grin  They have some congiative disease, they see Asian wife is "seperate" from the rest of us Asian. Oh and it don't help when 9 outta 10 of these Asian wives LOATHE the fact they are not Ang moh but Aisan. Have even met one Local lady who hate her parents and loveee her in laws. (and no, her parents never abused her ever   Sad  )