How a 35-year-old weed smoker behind 10 million scam calls made his fortune

Alexa Phillips
Sat, 20 May 2023 at 2:00 pm SGT

Millions of people get phone calls from scammers and wonder who is at the other end.

Now we know: rather than someone in a call centre far away, a “bright young man” living in a lush flat in London has been unmasked as the mastermind behind so many of these calls.

Tejay Fletcher’s trial exposed how criminals with a simple website bypassed police, phone operators and banks to facilitate “fraud on an industrial scale”, scamming victims out of £100m of their hard earned cash.

Fletcher, 35, who ran the website iSpoof.cc, was jailed for 13 years and four months earlier this week following his arrest in 2019 in what is the biggest anti-fraud operation mounted in the UK.

The website allowed criminals to disguise their phone numbers in a process known as “spoofing” and trick unsuspecting people to believe they were being called by their bank or other institutions.

Much much more at: https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/35-old...00687.html

Now can relax in jail for a long time

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I think I saw this site before while google about fake phone call like i saw this site name before.

So I read, amazing he can find a programmer doing it so well. Want to find programmer doing a good job also not easy as quite a lot half past six programmer lurking inside that free lancer site offer various IT services. Quite a lot in fact is CECA scam around. Is not say scam, is scam the way how they do the job for u , like half past six type full of bugs hidden.etc.