Dr Wealth : How you can increase CPF interest from 2.5% to 3.2%

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

I was vaguely interested until the very last part, which is that you must visit a bank branch to do buy SGS. The time cost is not worth the extra 0.7%. Even with $100k, it's only an extra of $700 a year non-compounded. Hare-brained idea unless your time is cheap or you buy >10-year tenure.

(25-09-2022, 07:50 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I was vaguely interested until the very last part, which is that you must visit a bank branch to do buy SGS. The time cost is not worth the extra 0.7%. Even with $100k, it's only an extra of $700 a year non-compounded. Hare-brained idea unless your time is cheap or you buy >10-year tenure.

so use CPF funds to go bank buy SGS.................what the heck is SGS ?

(25-09-2022, 09:46 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so use CPF funds to go bank buy SGS.................what the heck is SGS ?

https://www.mas.gov.sg/bonds-and-bills/S...ndividuals

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-09-2022, 07:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

Just to note there is an additional $10 per counter costs if he needs to transfer the bond/stock  to CDP for whatever reasons

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-09-2022, 07:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

Interesting actually… for the more risk adverse.

(25-09-2022, 11:29 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.mas.gov.sg/bonds-and-bills/S...ndividuals

thanks, bro..............but can use how much of Ordinary Account ?

also non-compounded, right ?

let's not forget the 1st 20K of OA get extra 1% interest, right ?................if so then like not worth the trouble lah............