Dubai is a good place to migrate to?

(04-01-2022, 01:32 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  We are a world’s financial centre with banking, technology, medical, oil refinery and services. Dubai has nothing other than oil and money. Shopping wise also not much to buy, I bought a box of dates. Big Grin

Sis, thank you for your reply...... Clapping

(04-01-2022, 01:35 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  locals dunt have to work yet have lots of money….good welfare.

That's why citizenship is so hard to get. The better the welfare, the harder the country makes it for people to get citizenship unless the applicant has some talent, wealth, creativity etc that they wanted.

But staying there as a resident, now that's a lot easier. But that also means no citizenship perks.

Dubai world cup 2022.
Got chance go and experience an aircon stadium.
I know Dubai from watching Tom Curise movie, Ghost Protocol. There was this sandstorm and he had to run very fast.
Not my type of living. Its a desert.

(04-01-2022, 02:54 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Dubai world cup 2022.
Got chance go and experience an aircon stadium.
I know Dubai from watching Tom Curise movie, Ghost Protocol. There was this sandstorm and he had to run very fast.
Not my type of living. Its a desert.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeLX1ETnGcuC5hTusht1c...w&usqp=CAU]

Sands cover the highway

You need to know how to ride a camel as this is their only means of transportation

And also drink camel urine as water is expensive and scarce

And yes, they dun bath as not enough water in the desert

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-duba...ls-2018-11

Dubai and Qatar are the places most devoid of culture that I have been to. Any local culture has been overwhelmed by the number of FT. More ceca folks than in SG as a proportion of total population. Mostly just low-cost robots working for money. We in SG actually attract the better quality FT. Another issue is excellent hardware but very poor software, e.g. they build nice roads but forget about the sidewalks which are always poorly cleaned or constructed halfway.

(04-01-2022, 01:29 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  When I was in Dubai, I could hardly see any Arabs in the streets except for the mall, they look very proud and snobbish while walk in the mall
Correct, the whole places is flooded with Indians and Pakistanis and looks like our little India. Worst is the heat like from an oven. In the afternoon and evening I just dreaded to walk out of my aircond office to my car parked just 100 meters outside....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

I think the mentalities of the local Arabs there are very different from us. They welcome FTs and dun compete for jobs with them. This is because you go there and work for them so that they can enjoy life. Without you, they must work to keep the country and businesses running. You see the difference............ Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

[Image: 6085-E4-D6-0-ED3-444-E-8678-592-B06-FF2-D5-A.jpg]

[Image: 309-CB721-5-A5-D-406-A-A4-DD-58923-D1-DD6-E3.png]

(04-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think the mentalities of the local Arabs there are very different from us. They welcome FTs and dun compete for jobs with them. This is because you go there and work for them so that they can enjoy life. Without you, they must work to keep the country and businesses running. You see the difference............ Big Grin

Makes good sense...... Clapping