During Pandemic stocks plunge vs now....

During pandemic many came in to buy and stocks rebounded quickly from bottom.

This a time it's very complex.
1. US rate hikes may be main driver causing stocks to fall and economies to weaken.
2. We also have a hits of very serious housing and zero covid problems suppressing chunaa growth and a potentual debt crisis.
3.;Good thing stock overvaluation has disappeared.

There will be many false rallies and volatility. This week good next week bad. 

A full recovery of stocks may take a lot of time to happen. The waiting time will test patience.

Have an even steady stance towards the market dont panic when it drops sharply like 10% in 2 weeks....and don't get exhilirated to buy when it spike up.  

Since the beginning of the year in warned markets were too overvalued in US and poised for a fall as investors fail to see the impending inflation and interest hikes. 

Markets have fallen. But alot of overvaluation is taken out of growth stocks. 

Going forward is pretty balance between good and bad. I already said last week that long term investors can start buying US stocks. 

I went through the few US earnings report released this week and they are surprisingly good...none of the doom negative shocks predicted. This is during both interest rate hikes and inflation at the highest.

A soft landing was earlier ruled out due to the rapidity of rate hikes. But it looks like it is still possible.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Dow melted up last night despite doom gloom and fear.

Yes risks remain in the market. Investment is never risk free.

Going ahead it is is still uncertain but as I have posted earlier there are positives emerging.

Hopefully the Fed start to calm markets...they should as earlier we almost saw a Lehman stylle collapse but in the form of a country UK.

All the wild swings in the forex market.
The Fed has repeat this error many times there is a lagging effect of rate hikes . They hike hike hike nothing happens then all the effects come like avalanche.

[Image: EegfKCW.png]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(22-10-2022, 10:02 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Dow melted up last night despite doom gloom and fear.

Yes risks remain in the market. Investment is never risk free.

Going ahead it is is still uncertain but as I have posted earlier there are positives emerging.

Hopefully the Fed start to calm markets...they should as earlier we almost saw a Lehman stylle collapse but in the form of a country UK.

All the wild swings in the forex market.
The Fed has repeat this error many times there is a lagging effect of rate hikes . They hike hike hike nothing happens then all the effects come like avalanche.

you are a born genius !