Forum: Treatment of cleaners by office workers, F&B staff is disturbing

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...disturbing

That’s the reality of life.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

Singapore is a highly unequal society where people in various strata are viewed as winners and losers. The moneyed class and the have nots.

Money talks.  Young people are resorting to scams and vice like OnlyFans and SugarBabes to make money.

Singapore is an affluent society our achievement is "affluence" above all else. The smell of money pwrvades the minds of people.
There is little dignity given to those who have to take up low end jobs.

The only way to make people appreciate these workers is to stop importing foreigners for these jobs. Then people will know the importance of these workers.

Politicians who keep saying on one hand they want to help these people and at same time allow foreign influx are talking from 2 sides of their mouths. We should not trust them

Over the years poverty has risen sharply in Singapore.

---------------++++---------------------------

Ever since the Covid-19 pandemic began two years ago, I have had a difficult time searching for a job, as I have only O-level qualifications and my many years of working experience are only in office administration.

With an open mind, I starting working as an office cleaner.

But I have found that office workers these days often behave selfishly; for example, they cannot be bothered to pick up an unused piece of tissue paper from the floor, and expect me to do it instead.

I have also come across beer bottles thrown into the bin in the toilet, which is meant for paper napkins.

Also, when I wear my cleaner's uniform out for lunch, I find that service staff ignore me or are reluctant to serve me. I did not expect to be treated like this, as I am a paying customer.

I wonder what society has become and I hope our young people can respect the older generation who helped to make Singapore what it is today.

Amanda Joanne Fong Mei Lan

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

There is a pecking order. Either she sucks it up or else turns tricks for a living.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

She should work in Mcdonald.

Or as a security guard.

Nowsday ppl with o level is very few.either u goondo or dont bother anything.
[+] 1 user Likes SeewhatLook's post

(31-05-2022, 07:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore is a highly unequal society where people in various strata are viewed as winners and losers. The moneyed class and the have nots.

Money talks.  Young people are resorting to scams and vice like OnlyFans and SugarBabes to make money.

Singapore is an affluent society our achievement is "affluence" above all else. The smell of money pwrvades the minds of people.
There is little dignity given to those who have to take up low end jobs.

The only way to make people appreciate these workers is to stop importing foreigners for these jobs. Then people will know the importance of these workers.

Politicians who keep saying on one hand they want to help these people and at same time allow foreign influx are talking from 2 sides of their mouths. We should not trust them

Over the years poverty has risen sharply in Singapore.

---------------++++---------------------------

Ever since the Covid-19 pandemic began two years ago, I have had a difficult time searching for a job, as I have only O-level qualifications and my many years of working experience are only in office administration.

With an open mind, I starting working as an office cleaner.

But I have found that office workers these days often behave selfishly; for example, they cannot be bothered to pick up an unused piece of tissue paper from the floor, and expect me to do it instead.

I have also come across beer bottles thrown into the bin in the toilet, which is meant for paper napkins.

Also, when I wear my cleaner's uniform out for lunch, I find that service staff ignore me or are reluctant to serve me. I did not expect to be treated like this, as I am a paying customer.

I wonder what society has become and I hope our young people can respect the older generation who helped to make Singapore what it is today.

Amanda Joanne Fong Mei Lan

This is HOW SG Society has become and the " Current Greedy PAP Tell you is " progress "

Come on, THIS IS NOT THE SAME LIKE LKY DAYS.

LKY days create an equal Society but LHL ? No need to say so much you all can feel it lol.

(31-05-2022, 07:44 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...disturbing

Just report the company and the boss to MOM lah!

2 TYPES of treatment-

CECA
even with MBA or drawing $30k salary/ mth
Love to talk and spill sugar and coffee everywhere in the pantry
Their desk, mouse and keyboard is very oily because they never wash hands
Glassdoor full of palm and finger marks every hour
Aunty says work for Indian IT Company is the WORST
compare to accounting/ recruitment agencies etc

OTHERS
Under 3G and 4G PAP Education System
SES taught Upper Class and Lower Class
Got car, maids and eat in restaurant is Upper Class
So the more they dirty the office, they order pantry aunty like maids
Become Office Upper Class

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Minister of Education has failed for past 15 years

Not just failed to pave way for better jobs

but also character development

WHO CARES? Not even Ministers are disciplined

Must be parents fault for spoiling the child

and that precious 1 Kid

[Image: LHL-Charac-Dev-is-imperative.gif]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(31-05-2022, 09:45 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Just report the company and the boss to MOM lah!

The company didn’t do anything wrong.  The lady just buay song others look down on her job.

(31-05-2022, 06:01 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  The company didn’t do anything wrong.  The lady just buay song others look down on her job.

Is she smelly? Maybe she got chao sng smell and not chiobu lah, dualiap chiobu might have been treated better.
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(31-05-2022, 06:06 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Is she smelly? Maybe she got chao sng smell and not chiobu lah, dualiap chiobu might have been treated better.

Precisely the source of the problem Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post