Hong Kong’s Racist Past when its ruler spoke English...
Cool 

Recommended for young HKers to watch and learn about their History under the Brits...

Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

Hong Kong under British rule - What human rights and "universal suffrage" ?

Big Grin

[Image: Erso4wnXIAIpt2Q?format=jpg&name=small]

Because angmohs were powerful in the past so they feel proud to be associated with them. They feel proud, even if they're treated like dogs.

That is why when they saw the Chinese whom they used to despise getting more affluent, they could not bear with it.

Even many sinkies also have the mindset that the angmohs are better than us. Shame on them!
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

The title of this thread is a reminder to all Chinese of how China was being tossed about from one colonial master (the Manchus) to another (the British).

So you have Mandarin and then English.

The Honkies had never abandoned the Chinese language. In fact their command of the language trumps most sinkies'.

While Chinese culture was being destroyed by the CCP, Hong Kong along with Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore kept it.

The British did not interfere with Chinese culture or forbid the Chinese from practising their culture or force the men to shave the front of their skull and keep a pig's tail behind.

(29-05-2023, 09:49 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Because angmohs were powerful in the past so they feel proud to be associated with them. They feel proud, even if they're treated like dogs.

That is why when they saw the Chinese whom they used to despise getting more affluent, they could not bear with it.

Even many sinkies also have the mindset that the angmohs are better than us. Shame on them!

How about you? Do you suffer from Pinkerton's Syndrome? Do you treat all nationalities and races equally or do you grovel at the feet of an AMDK Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

Many white traxhes kok sucgers and SPG keeping this culture alive?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(29-05-2023, 09:59 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The title of this thread is a reminder to all Chinese of how China was being tossed about from one colonial master (the Manchus) to another (the British).So you have Mandarin and then English.The Honkies had never abandoned the Chinese language. In fact their command of the language trumps most sinkies'. While Chinese culture was being destroyed by the CCP, Hong Kong along with Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore kept it.The British did not interfere with Chinese culture or forbid the Chinese from practising their culture or force the men to shave the front of their skull and keep a pig's tail behind.

Correction - The Brit had seek to interfere in the Chinese in deeper and damaging ways as the French and American did to African with slavery, and killings of others in name of "God" and gospels....simply because the AMTK in 1700-1800s cannot tahan the hugh trade in-balance in the favour of the Qing's China for their tea, porcelain and silk.

Everyone knows that lead to Opium...which itself became a major revenue for the English whom setup massive production plant in colonial India...The weak Qing gov was powerless in stopping the History's largest state-owned Drug Pushers in name of the British Crown that led to 2 Opiums Wars...the result on the lost of HK.

[Image: 453.jpg]

(29-05-2023, 10:06 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Many white traxhes kok sucgers and SPG keeping this culture alive?

When a society lost its bearing and economic independence and became a subservient of others, often the 1st victim will be women.

Good news is we have women who have more self respect than some...

[Image: Bmm-ILECcAEIfMS?format=png&name=small]

(29-05-2023, 10:02 PM)Oyk Wrote:  How about you? Do you suffer from Pinkerton's Syndrome? Do you treat all nationalities and races equally or do you grovel at the feet of an AMDK Rolleyes

I don't feel inferior to AMDK.

(29-05-2023, 10:44 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't feel inferior to AMDK.

clearly you do
[+] 1 user Likes Bolixin666's post

(29-05-2023, 10:44 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't feel inferior to AMDK.

Why only answer half of my questions? You have something to hide?  Rolleyes

(29-05-2023, 10:09 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Correction - The Brit had seek to interfere in the Chinese in deeper and damaging ways as the French and American did to African with slavery, and killings of others in name of "God" and gospels....simply because the AMTK in 1700-1800s cannot tahan the hugh trade in-balance in the favour of the Qing's China for their tea, porcelain and silk.

Everyone knows that lead to Opium...which itself became a major revenue for the English whom setup massive production plant in colonial India...The weak Qing gov was powerless in stopping the History's largest state-owned Drug Pushers in name of the British Crown that led to 2 Opiums Wars...the result on the lost of HK.

[Image: 453.jpg]

Which part of my post are you correcting, pray tell?  Rolleyes

(30-05-2023, 12:04 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Which part of my post are you correcting, pray tell?  Rolleyes

Elementary - let's start with the obvious one - the Manchu didn't "colonised" China as u have claimed - It actually adopted much of the Chinese system and customs even when discriminating against the Chinese. Similar outcome happened when China was under the Mongol control during Yuan dynasty. Now try getting the Europeans to accept and absorb Chinese practices and values...

Big Grin

(30-05-2023, 12:31 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Elementary - let's start with the obvious one - the Manchu didn't "colonised" China as u have claimed - It actually adopted much of the Chinese system and customs even when discriminating against the Chinese. Similar outcome happened when China was under the Mongol control during Yuan dynasty. Now try getting the Europeans to accept and absorb Chinese practices and values...

Big Grin

I see.

So, the CORRECT word to use is "adopted", not "colonised".

The Manchus adopted the Hans...I mean China, and they happily kept a pig's tail which swooshed about behind because the Hans kept one.  Rolleyes .

(30-05-2023, 08:08 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I see. So, the CORRECT word to use is "adopted", not "colonised".
The Manchus adopted the Hans...I mean China, and they happily kept a pig's tail which swooshed about behind because the Hans kept one.  Rolleyes .

From the Chinese POV, nothing is more important that learning from others and yes, "adopting" and accepting the difference and ways that can meet age old Chinese aspiration of harmony with pragmatism.

This will sound alien to folks like you..and I will not be surprised.  Big Grin

(29-05-2023, 09:49 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Because angmohs were powerful in the past so they feel proud to be associated with them. They feel proud, even if they're treated like dogs.

My guess it will take years, if not decades for Western world to understand the World has moved on.

That is their own to learn and accept.  It is not unlike some cannot accept HK is part of China just 2 decades after UK Handover.

The point is the process of accepting China's rise is as difficult for these pple to understand China's past.

(31-05-2023, 01:15 PM)Manthink Wrote:  My guess it will take years, if not decades for Western world to understand the World has moved on.

That is their own to learn and accept.  It is not unlike some cannot accept HK is part of China just 2 decades after UK Handover.

The point is the process of accepting China's rise is as difficult for these pple to understand China's past.

About time to stoo guessing and learn real history. 

Historical Fact 1
Hong Kong was governed by the British

Historical Fact 2
The honkies do not want to be under comminist rule. It has nothing to do with China or being part of China. It's about communism. If the mainland is modelled after Hong Kong, they would be okay with that. You don't get it or you are acting dumb because you are working to sell communism here?  Rolleyes

(31-05-2023, 01:23 PM)Oyk Wrote:  About time to stoo guessing and learn real history. 
Historical Fact 1 Hong Kong was governed by the British
Historical Fact 2 The honkies do not want to be under comminist rule. It has nothing to do with China or being part of China. It's about communism. If the mainland is modelled after Hong Kong, they would be okay with that. You don't get it or you are acting dumb because you are working to sell communism here? 
Rolleyes

You missed a 3rd Historical Fact -  The Brit did not consult the "honkies" about the Handover process with Beijing in 1980s..

Do you know why ?

Big Grin