Putin cajoling China Xi to attack Taiwan, so weaken China & divert West attention

https://www.euractiv.com/section/europe-...-next-one/

Moscow had high hopes that the crisis surrounding Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan would escalate. Of course, in such a situation, Moscow would not intervene directly. But it would not appeal for de-escalation. When Moscow officially announced that China “has the right to take all necessary measures to protect its sovereignty and territorial integrity”, it did not mean diplomacy. It is “inciting” China to raise its army and attack Taiwan with all its might.

In another crisis, however, Russia interfered more directly, expecting the same outcome – a military conflict. In the recent crisis in the north of Kosovo, Russia, like a vulture, saw a chance to flare up the conflict, and preferably bloodshed.

In those few days around 1 August, when the Kosovo authorities announced the confiscation of license plates and identity cards from local Serbs and when local Serbs organised roadblocks, Russia carried out a large-scale and very aggressive hybrid operation. Its goal was to provoke a conflict, cause bloodshed, and then trigger Serbia’s reaction and the involvement of NATO (KFOR) in the armed conflict.

This operation was conducted mainly by issuing a large amount of disinformation in a short period, with the “collusion” of people from the highest levels of government in Moscow.

Putin made a big miscalculation.

He thought Zelensky will flee Ukraine and the Ukrainian govt would collapse so he can install his puppet. .

This mistake will cost Russia and Putin dearly.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-08-2022, 11:19 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Putin made a big miscalculation.

He thought Zelensky will flee Ukraine and the Ukrainian govt would collapse so he can install his puppet.    .

You know Putin so well meh?  Thinking

(07-08-2022, 11:19 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Putin made a big miscalculation.

He thought Zelensky will flee Ukraine and the Ukrainian govt would collapse so he can install his puppet.    .

Can you keep yourself updated?

What you mean by "cost Russia and Putin dearly"?

Using your emotions will lead you nowhere, just like your portfolio