Ex-GIC economist Yeoh Lam Keong has been issued a second POFMA correction direction .

Ex-GIC economist Yeoh Lam Keong has been issued a second POFMA correction direction in recent weeks. This time over false and misleading statements on the Singapore Government's fiscal surpluses, says the Ministry of Finance. https://cna.asia/3geYZFB

指新加坡政府有300亿元的结构性财政盈余可供政府使用,经济学者杨南强和社会政治网站The Independent Singapore都接到更正指示。http://bit.ly/3V57JwG

(18-11-2022, 09:19 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Ex-GIC economist Yeoh Lam Keong has been issued a second POFMA correction direction in recent weeks. This time over false and misleading statements on the Singapore Government's fiscal surpluses, says the Ministry of Finance. https://cna.asia/3geYZFB

Potential opposition candidate

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 
[+] 3 users Like Bluebull's post

wat is pap trying to hide
[+] 4 users Like singaporean1964's post

I'm also curious how Yeoh came to the conclusion that we have 30 billion surplus yearly.
[+] 3 users Like Blasterlord2's post

why bite the hand who feed him ?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

hmmm “ keyword “ Ex GIC economist what if he still current the one say that wait of course he will be breaking his own rice bowl.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(18-11-2022, 09:37 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  why bite the hand who feed him ?

he is ex-gic
not gic\so he is not eating gic
but eating himself
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

tio-ed nail liao
cannot relax in heat will suffer
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

POFMA is just a tool used by PAP govt to scare and silence the critics and opponents.

I hope the opposition remove thus repressive tool once they come into power

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

I think this guy was ask to go

till now not happy
[+] 2 users Like Talent's post

Quote:This "seems completely unnecessary at the moment as we have a S$30 billion structural fiscal surplus that we have not even begun to publicly delineate clear spending big plans for", Mr Yeoh wrote.
TISG reproduced this statement in two separate articles on Nov 9 and Nov 12.
In a media release on Friday (Nov 18), the Ministry of Finance (MOF) said: "Mr Yeoh’s statement claims that there are S$30 billion in structural fiscal surpluses that are available to the Government for spending. This is untrue.
"Over the last two decades (excluding FY2020, which had a significant fiscal deficit due to COVID-19 expenditures), the Government recorded on average a fiscal balance of S$2.2 billion per annum," the ministry added

If you examine the statement that is the subject of POFMA...look  carefully

1. Yeoh said govt has 30B structural surplus that can used for spending.

2. The PAP said don't have due to COVID last 2 yrs expenditure high . So POFMA.

Obviously Yeoh is referring to normal years not yrs we have covid. Covid is already over and GST once implement will be with US forever.

This POFMA is misused.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

Absolute power can do alot.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(18-11-2022, 09:35 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I'm also curious how Yeoh came to the conclusion that we have 30 billion surplus yearly.

that's all we have?

Lockdown gets money complicated stuff.
Remember noone works stay at home
U thinks from surplus u better think hard hard

(18-11-2022, 09:35 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I'm also curious how Yeoh came to the conclusion that we have 30 billion surplus yearly.

This is accumulated surplus.

Not counting land sales.that fatten GIC to the tune of hundreds or billions.

In any case we are dealing with a govt with massive assets increasing taxes on a population that is struggling with rising cost of living....I think that is the simple.point Yeoh is making.

Should change govt regularly like what companies do in changing auditors.

Clear the hidden skeleton regularly so that none is hidden in closet.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

More or Less? $30 Billion is alot of money every year

FWs levy can collect ard $840 Million a year

Add COE, COV, hawker center rental, NTUC property, traffic fines, PUB taxes on water . . .

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(19-11-2022, 09:46 AM)Ola Wrote:  More or Less? $30 Billion is alot of money every year

Add COE, COV, hawker center rental, NTUC property, traffic fines, PUB taxes on water . . .

worst is water 
is tax on tax!!!
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(19-11-2022, 09:46 AM)Ola Wrote:  More or Less? $30 Billion is alot of money every year

You have brought out important facts, it is what we  are  experiencing...I will give you a like and and a rep. pt........ Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Seems like people can get multiple POFMAs with no implications? E.g. 3 POFMAs can redeem a free coffee at Cantonment?
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

(19-11-2022, 11:29 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Seems like people can get multiple POFMAs with no implications? E.g. 3 POFMAs can redeem a free coffee at Cantonment?

It will be a very expensive coffee..........the fine will be heavy........... Angry

let Georgy Boy teaches you wat hapan
many tio-ed yet think Godfather keeps surplus for them
https://youtu.be/5cqc5dQaiGg?list=PL1yqR...GN6us8OvRZ

(18-11-2022, 09:24 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Potential opposition candidate

Join Workers Party in the next election....... Clapping

Green not doing well
has to k-siow
[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-19-at-12-43-35-GESARA-news.png]