ExxonMobil and Shell oil refinery adding heat wave and increase flooding in Singapore

ExxonMobil and Shell oil refinery adding heat wave and contributing to  increase flooding in Singapore.

Are both the major contributors to the  increasing cancer patients in Singapore?

With the point you make, not sure if these refineries or petrochemical plants has brought flooding to Singapore.

But certainly cancer is one factor that need to consider.

In my previous course of working lives, I have dealt with people in refineries and petrochemical plants in both Pulau Bukom and Jurong Island. Eventually makes some friends along the way, I know a few of them died because of cancer. I like to believe that these people who works in these plants, many will end up having cancer issues. Because day-in day-out taking in or inhaled many forms of chemicals, these chemicals eventually will stays in the body.

This is one reason I never like to stay in the west side of Singapore. Sometimes the chemical smell can travel to parts of Clementi and up to Jurong East, Boon Lay area.

On our main island Mobil is still in operation, Caltex we’re told to move out. Some of the toxic gases get spread into the open air you will not know. Over times with accumulations inhaling for many years, one can fall ill eventually. I may sound paranoid but this could be the cause of cancers, and you may argue that there are people who aren’t affected. I can’t explained this but like to think that the chemical production has something to do with it.

MOH must-have compiled records and statistic of cancer deaths in Singapore.

They should provide them readily for public viewing.

I not surprise that the % and numbers are highest on west coast as compare to other areas.

(04-11-2021, 05:36 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  With the point you make, not sure if these refineries or petrochemical plants has brought flooding to Singapore.

But certainly cancer is one factor that need to consider.

In my previous course of working lives, I have dealt with people in refineries and petrochemical plants in both Pulau Bukom and Jurong Island. Eventually makes some friends along the way, I know a few of them died because of cancer. I like to believe that these people who works in these plants, many will end up having cancer issues. Because day-in day-out taking in or inhaled many forms of chemicals, these chemicals eventually will stays in the body.

This is one reason I never like to stay in the west side of Singapore. Sometimes the chemical smell can travel to parts of Clementi and up to Jurong East, Boon Lay area. 

On our main island Mobil is still in operation, Caltex we’re told to move out. Some of the toxic gases get spread into the open air you will not know. Over times with accumulations inhaling for many years, one can fall ill eventually. I may sound paranoid but this could be the cause of cancers, and you may argue that there are people who aren’t affected. I can’t explained this but like to think that the chemical production has something to do with it.

(04-11-2021, 08:05 AM)Scythian Wrote:  MOH must-have compiled records and statistic of cancer deaths in Singapore.

They should provide them readily for public viewing.

I not surprise that the % and numbers are highest on west coast as compare to other areas.

You could be right to say that oil refineries may be the cause of cancers, but we need hard data to prove that this is true. Also you mentioned that those who dwell in the west part of the island is more prone to getting cancer. We need MOH's data to prove this is so.... Clapping

I beg to diff about those living in the west. 
I rather not live around the punggol side. 
Pasir Gudang’s petrochemical plants. Johor Port, where hazardous petrochemical products are shipped to and from Pasir Gudang, is located directly opposite Punggol Point Jetty.

The blazing flames from chimneys lighting up the night sky and faint roars from the chimney stacks are common sights and sounds. The by-products of flaring — large amounts of carbon dioxide.

(04-11-2021, 09:14 AM)Migrant Wrote:  I beg to diff about those living in the west. 
Pasir Gudang’s petrochemical plants. Johor Port, where hazardous petrochemical products are shipped to and from Pasir Gudang, is located directly opposite Punggol Point Jetty.

The blazing flames from chimneys lighting up the night sky and faint roars from the chimney stacks are common sights and sounds. The by-products of flaring — large amounts of carbon dioxide.

Same situation, but of course punggol end also face frequent illegal disposal to the seas which Sg side did not have. 

Jurong island need not to to expand any more, should not leased out abandon land and convert to forest strip.
At least show the world some efforts Laughing

(04-11-2021, 03:51 AM)Scythian Wrote:  ExxonMobil and Shell oil refinery adding heat wave and contributing to  increase flooding in Singapore.

Are both the major contributors to the  increasing cancer patients in Singapore?

Please show link on this piece of fake news before I report you to the authority, mate. Angry

TS is based in Melbourne, everyday he finds ways to bash Spore nonstop. He was banned by Alleggs in the old forum, now he came back using a new nick.

(04-11-2021, 10:38 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Please show link on this piece of fake news before I report you to the authority, mate. Angry

Old maid lost touch with reality

(04-11-2021, 10:44 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  TS is based in Melbourne, everyday he finds ways to bash Spore nonstop. He was banned by Alleggs in the old forum, now he came back using a new nick.
An Old 45 RPM broken record

ExxonMobil and shell have been sued in several countries.

In US, ExxonMobil was sued in Connecticut by Attorney General for deceiving about climate change.

Why nothing has happened in Singapore?.

(04-11-2021, 07:21 PM)Scythian Wrote:  ExxonMobil and shell have been sued in several countries.

In US, ExxonMobil was sued in Connecticut by Attorney General for deceiving about climate change.

Why nothing has happened in Singapore?.

We have a different set of rules... Laughing

(04-11-2021, 07:25 PM)debono Wrote:  We have a different set of rules... Laughing

Twisted

(05-11-2021, 05:09 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Twisted

Yes, twisted and turn to suit their agendas..... crying

(05-11-2021, 08:02 AM)debono Wrote:  Yes, twisted and turn to suit their agendas..... crying

They eat thru their asss and shit thru their mouths

(04-11-2021, 09:14 AM)Migrant Wrote:  I beg to diff about those living in the west. 

I agree and support your findings...... Clapping

(05-11-2021, 08:13 AM)debono Wrote:  I agree and support your findings...... Clapping

Over the years, all of them killed many Singaporeans