best bread:GARDENIA orihinal wholemeal bread 100% wholemeal whaet flour

u just take 2 slices is full till lunch time
ard 15 slices coast $4.30
spread own buttter kaya n nescafe gold total cost ard $1.20
compared to ah koon n toastbox that cost >$4/**

over 300 dys a yr (no take bread everyday)
can save 3*300=$900

these $900 can hv a gd  seafood 2x a mth in jb at rate  1:3.5

even when u hold the bread in yr hand can feel the heaviness, not like those from ntuc whole Mael or other brands of wholemeal bread

There are some traditional breads. It tastes much nicer and cheaper than gardenia bread.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(28-05-2024, 01:50 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  There are some traditional breads. It tastes much nicer and cheaper than gardenia bread.

yes taste nicer fr local bakery shop
but not 100% wholemeal bread

u can once a while change yr bread  buy from them

(28-05-2024, 12:30 PM)talky Wrote:  u just take 2 slices is full till lunch time
ard 15 slices coast $4.30
spread own buttter kaya n nescafe gold total cost ard $1.20
compared to ah koon n toastbox that cost >$4/**

over 300 dys a yr (no take bread everyday)
can save 3*300=$900

these $900 can hv a gd  seafood 2x a mth in jb at rate  1:3.5

not nice lah.................very stiff.................after trying wholemeal bread from Gradenia, Bonjour, Sunshine...............the best is Fairprice brand............ Surprised

[Image: IMG-1623.gif]

[Image: IMG-1624.gif]

[Image: IMG-1625.gif]

[Image: IMG-1626.gif]

(28-05-2024, 12:33 PM)talky Wrote:  even when u hold the bread in yr hand can feel the heaviness, not like those from ntuc whole Mael or other brands of wholemeal bread

All American baked breads are heavy. You hit the bread on a dog's head, you kill it straight away.   Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Bread is easy to make

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

All cheap bread in singapore...where to find those 20 dollar bread huh?

(28-05-2024, 05:16 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  All American baked breads are heavy. You hit the bread on a dog's head, you kill it straight away.   Rolleyes

Heard the bread in Italy is as heavy as a rock, if it drops on your foot, it could break your foot.

(28-05-2024, 06:30 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Heard the bread in Italy is as heavy as a rock, if it drops on your foot, it could break your foot.

Dunno about Italy but those bread in US are very heavy. I think the American Standard is more flour and less rising baking powder. Must ask Ah Butt, heard he makes bread himself.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(28-05-2024, 12:30 PM)talky Wrote:   best bread:GARDENIA orihinal wholemeal bread 100% wholemeal whaet flour

Sunshine's "100% Whole Grains Ultra Fine Wholemeal" is good too. My first preference. But Sunshine seems less popular so supply is less at my place so I usually go for Gardenia's "100% Wholemeal Extra Soft and Fine".

I only buy the $4.00 or $4.20 version. Wholemeal bread either 90% or 100% got heavy and light versions lah Big Grin

Healthier.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(28-05-2024, 12:33 PM)talky Wrote:  even when u hold the bread in yr hand can feel the heaviness, not like those from ntuc whole Mael or other brands of wholemeal bread

fairpruce wholemeal bread is softer not so rough is not so filling need to take 3 or 4 slices

Yep Sunshine and Gardenia are the brand names Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

If you have tried the Japanese white bread. You will love it. Meidiya got sell but not cheap.

Like this picture. The bread is quite thick slice. You need to toast it.
Go Japan holiday. This is the must eat breakfast.

[Image: IMG-6386.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(28-05-2024, 08:07 PM)talky Wrote:  fairpruce wholemeal bread is softer not so rough is not so filling need to take 3 or 4 slices

yes...........also the slices are thinner...............but better than Gardenia or Sunshine (both very hard and rough)

Gardenia, sunshine, bonjour all these come with preservatives.

I’ve switch to those cheap white bread that turns moldy in 2-3 days. At least i know there isn’t any preservatives.

(28-05-2024, 09:29 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Gardenia, sunshine, bonjour all these come with preservatives.

I’ve switch to those cheap white bread that turns moldy in 2-3 days. At least i know there isn’t any preservatives.

still got sell ah ?

Dun eat too much breads, they may hv lots of undesirable ingredients

To make bread soft and fluffy, add lots of milk and that's ok

To make them heavy, use strong flour. It has more protein and gluten and gives an overall heavier feel. That may not be ok if taken often

Besides, some msy hv potassium bromate, azodicarbonamide, hydrogenated oil, hydroxyanisole, caramel coloring, corn syrup, preservatives and more...